Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1
smoledman
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
How to transfer Windows Phone contacts to iPhone?

Simple enough question, but I can't find anything on Google about it.
smoledman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:13 AM   #2
^^ CoolMacLover
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On A Apple
Send a message via MSN to ^^ CoolMacLover
If they are on your simcard you should be able to just put it into your iPhone (if the sim is the right size) and import them. Other than that, I remember trying to export contacts from a W7.something Phone and there was no easy "Export" even though in the update their apparently was one.
__________________
Sometimes it feels like vines are growing under my skin
^^ CoolMacLover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Weaselboy
Moderator
 
Weaselboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
Simple enough question, but I can't find anything on Google about it.
I am not familiar with Windows Phone OS, but look for a way to export the contacts in a VCF file format. That file can just be emailed to the iPhone and clicked to import.

If you are syncing your contacts to GMail or live.com you can export the contacts in a VCF file from those services.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 PM   #4
Subu
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
I am not familiar with Windows Phone OS, but look for a way to export the contacts in a VCF file format. That file can just be emailed to the iPhone and clicked to import.

If you are syncing your contacts to GMail or live.com you can export the contacts in a VCF file from those services.
I have a related question

I have my contacts in a csv (comma separated value) file

How do I convert that into a VCF or V card File

thanks in advance
__________________
Regards, Subu;
iPhone 5 16GB iOS 8, iPad 2G, iTunes 11.3,
Subu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:57 AM   #5
smoledman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subu View Post
I have a related question

I have my contacts in a csv (comma separated value) file

How do I convert that into a VCF or V card File

thanks in advance
Yes I'd like to know that too. Outlook 2010 does not have an export to VCF/VCard option.
smoledman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:11 AM   #6
dgr874
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.
dgr874 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:12 AM   #7
smoledman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr874 View Post
Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.
Really that works? That would be cool. I still want to keep my Windows contacts.
smoledman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:53 PM   #8
Subu
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
Yes I'd like to know that too. Outlook 2010 does not have an export to VCF/VCard option.
open a new gmail account
import CSV contacts into gmail
export out of gmail, choose VCF format
for more just google

regards
__________________
Regards, Subu;
iPhone 5 16GB iOS 8, iPad 2G, iTunes 11.3,
Subu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:54 AM   #9
dgr874
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
Really that works? That would be cool. I still want to keep my Windows contacts.
Yup, works for me. I have copies of my contacts in icloud and outlook.com. They are both linked together and show up as one contact. When I update information, it updates both contacts.

I go back and forth from an iphone 5 to a windows phone so I have two sets of everything.
dgr874 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:55 AM   #10
smoledman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr874 View Post
Yup, works for me. I have copies of my contacts in icloud and outlook.com. They are both linked together and show up as one contact. When I update information, it updates both contacts.

I go back and forth from an iphone 5 to a windows phone so I have two sets of everything.
Doesn't Exchange mean your corporate email account? I'm talking about Hotmail/Outlook.
smoledman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:28 AM   #11
wiliswene
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.
wiliswene is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:10 AM   #12
xantique
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr874 View Post
Why not just sign in with your exchange account on your iphone? You could have it sync with your outlook account and then link any duplicate contacts you have.
Thanks dgr874 It worked for me.
xantique is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:15 AM   #13
Laurcoche
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I am moving from Galaxy II to the new iphone and am using MobileTrans contacts to transfer my android contacts to the iphone.

For calendars - I have my Gmail account. Regarding my music stored on my old galaxy, I have all songs stored already on my computer so just drag/drop to iTunes and then will sync the new iphone with it.
Laurcoche is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 01:49 PM   #14
sciscio
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Use Qontact App

You can use Windows Phone App Qontact:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...d-5561c676cad6

It can export in many format like vcard readable from iOS. Just send the contacts by email and open attachment with safari (gmail or hotmail account).

The free versione can export about 200 contacts..in case you have more contacts you can use the pro version:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...3-01115c3769b3.

Hope this help!!
sciscio is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfer contacts from iPhone --- What am I missing here? altjx iPhone 12 Nov 24, 2012 11:17 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC