Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:45 AM   #1
thatsmega.net
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Download Mountain Lion for free?

Hello

I bought a new Macbook Pro in November which came preinstalled with Mountain Lion from Apple Store.

When I go to the Mac App store, I see many applications which I already have installed are not showing the "installed" button - for example, Mountain Lion says 13.99

My questions are - Should it say ''Installed''?
How can I download Mountain Lion so that I may reinstall it if my HDD died or I swapped it for an SSD?

Thanks
thatsmega.net is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:53 AM   #2
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
It might be hidden.

Open the app store and go to the "Store" menu and select "View My Account", it will tell you if you have any "Hidden Purchases".

If not, was the Apple ID you used to register the device the same as the one you use on the store?
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:57 AM   #3
Macman45
macrumors G5
 
Macman45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
As above, check that the apps you have purchased are not hidden...They should all come up under the purchased tab in the MAS.
__________________
Thats Not All Folks
Macman45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:48 AM   #4
SingularityG
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
If I understand it correctly, you bought new Macbook Pro with pre-installed OS X, iLife and some other Apps?

These Apps were not installed using your Apple ID and so will not show up on the Mac App Store as "Installed".

When you trash the Apps, I guess you have to purchase them.

You can re-install your OS X directly from the internet.

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/
__________________
sINGULARITY uNIVERSE
SingularityG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:51 AM   #5
JimmakoS
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Greece, Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmega.net View Post
Hello

I bought a new Macbook Pro in November which came preinstalled with Mountain Lion from Apple Store.

When I go to the Mac App store, I see many applications which I already have installed are not showing the "installed" button - for example, Mountain Lion says 13.99

My questions are - Should it say ''Installed''?
How can I download Mountain Lion so that I may reinstall it if my HDD died or I swapped it for an SSD?

Thanks
If you want to download it and burn it into dual layer dvd or usb stick you can follow this guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaozN...layer_embedded
JimmakoS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:55 AM   #6
OllyW
Moderator
 
OllyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Black Country, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingularityG View Post
If I understand it correctly, you bought new Macbook Pro with pre-installed OS X, iLife and some other Apps?

These Apps were not installed using your Apple ID and so will not show up on the Mac App Store as "Installed".

When you trash the Apps, I guess you have to purchase them.

You can re-install your OS X directly from the internet.

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/
The iLife apps on my new Mac are showing up as "purchased" in the App Store.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 10.53.09.png
Views:	43
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	391378
__________________
Some Apple stuff
Some other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/disco-tramps
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:10 AM   #7
SingularityG
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OllyW View Post
The iLife apps on my new Mac are showing up as "purchased" in the App Store.

Attachment 391378
Well they certainly don't show up in my Purchases.

I bought my Macbook Pro about two years ago and it came with two DVDs aaand I just checked and iLife and a whole bunch of other Apps is on one of them.

I stand corrected.
__________________
sINGULARITY uNIVERSE
SingularityG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't download my purchased Lion and Mountain Lion from AppStore! Kmad86 iMac 9 Jan 25, 2013 12:20 PM
I can't download Mountain Lion! HELP! SinkOrSwim Mac OS X 10.7 Lion 6 Sep 22, 2012 04:10 AM
Do you have to download Mountain Lion all in one go?? BadboyHouse OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 5 Jul 26, 2012 05:56 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC