Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Hello

I bought a new Macbook Pro in November which came preinstalled with Mountain Lion from Apple Store.

When I go to the Mac App store, I see many applications which I already have installed are not showing the "installed" button - for example, Mountain Lion says £13.99

My questions are - Should it say ''Installed''?
How can I download Mountain Lion so that I may reinstall it if my HDD died or I swapped it for an SSD?

Thanks

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
It might be hidden.

Open the app store and go to the "Store" menu and select "View My Account", it will tell you if you have any "Hidden Purchases".

If not, was the Apple ID you used to register the device the same as the one you use on the store?

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
If I understand it correctly, you bought new Macbook Pro with pre-installed OS X, iLife and some other Apps?

These Apps were not installed using your Apple ID and so will not show up on the Mac App Store as "Installed".

When you trash the Apps, I guess you have to purchase them.

You can re-install your OS X directly from the internet. ;)

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

JimmakoS

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Greece, Athens
Hello

I bought a new Macbook Pro in November which came preinstalled with Mountain Lion from Apple Store.

When I go to the Mac App store, I see many applications which I already have installed are not showing the "installed" button - for example, Mountain Lion says £13.99

My questions are - Should it say ''Installed''?
How can I download Mountain Lion so that I may reinstall it if my HDD died or I swapped it for an SSD?

Thanks

If you want to download it and burn it into dual layer dvd or usb stick you can follow this guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaozNMMTtZs&feature=player_embedded

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
If I understand it correctly, you bought new Macbook Pro with pre-installed OS X, iLife and some other Apps?

These Apps were not installed using your Apple ID and so will not show up on the Mac App Store as "Installed".

When you trash the Apps, I guess you have to purchase them.

You can re-install your OS X directly from the internet. ;)

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

The iLife apps on my new Mac are showing up as "purchased" in the App Store.

Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 10.53.09.png

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
The iLife apps on my new Mac are showing up as "purchased" in the App Store.

View attachment 391378

Well they certainly don't show up in my Purchases.:D

I bought my Macbook Pro about two years ago and it came with two DVDs aaand I just checked and iLife and a whole bunch of other Apps is on one of them.:eek:

I stand corrected.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.