Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:43 AM   #1
guitarmandp
macrumors 6502

Home Sharing vs The Remote App

I just got an airport express and plugged it into my Bose Sounddock 10 that is in my bedroom and am blown away by the quality. Before I was using a Logitech Bluetooth adapter. This blows away the Bluetooth adapter.

Now my question is should I use the remote app to control my music from my iPad or the music app and link it to my airport express?

I'm guessing the sound quality will be better through the remote app as the data is going from my computer to the airport express to the Sounddock 10. Whereas if I use the music app it goes from my computer to the iPad to the airport express to the sounddock 10 so there is another signal in the chain.

The sound quality is going to be better with the remote app but I like how the music app sorts by year and I also think it's easier to control via multitasking as the volume controls on my iPad will not turn down the volume on the remote app and if I hit the home button to bring up my multi-tasking menu it's not going to show the song that's currently playing.
guitarmandp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater