Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
My mates 4s is shuting down between 20 and 15 percent is their anyway for him to try and recalibrate it. He has tried a restore no joy Iv googled but can't find a solution any help apreciated thanks

Last edited:

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Same exact thing happened to my cousin's 4S too. The Apple Store replaced it no questions asked. (He was in the last month of the original 1-year).

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Is the battery life noticeably shorter? If so it may be time for a battery replacement.

If it hasn't been done, one thing to try is let the phone sit on the charger for at least an hour after it's fully charged. Do not plug it in to charge again until it is at the point where it shuts down for a low charge. Again charge it at least for an hour past where it's at 100%.

Note that the extra hour+ past 100% is because some devices aren't quite at 100% when they indicate that they're fully charged. This may not apply to the iPhone in question, but it can't hurt when leaving it plugged in overnight is easy enough to do.

serkan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
I have had that problem too with my phone. When I took it to service they told me that the motherboard was damaged and its losing energy from the battery all the time,that's why I have to sell it or else they told me that iit will die in couple of weeks :( soo if I were you I would defintly take it to Apple Store.

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Cheers lads was hoping it could be recalibrated but think a replacement is needed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.