Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Toscano
macrumors newbie

Software for diagram animation

Hi!

I need something to help me create diagram animations for my company, much like the ones that I've seen at this website ( http://explanimation.net/gallery/ ).
No need for expensive and complicated 3D/4D modelling capabilities or stuff like that.
Just looking for a simple software that allows me to create those kind of diagram animations and produce a final video that I could then post on our company's website/YouTube/socials, etc.

Some people tell me about Motion, others about After Effects.

What would you recommend for a beginner like me that is not overtly interested in becoming a professional animator, but mainly wants to get the job done with a minimum amount of hassle?

Thanks!

Best regards.

Andre'
Toscano is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:01 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Motion is the way to go, it does not break the bank and is quite powerful, and there are lots of tutorials for it out there.

The Biomass video for example uses different layers in 3D (easily accomplished within Motion), thus the depth perception.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Toscano
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Motion is the way to go, it does not break the bank and is quite powerful, and there are lots of tutorials for it out there.

The Biomass video for example uses different layers in 3D (easily accomplished within Motion), thus the depth perception.
Thanks!
I will try Motion and see how I get along with it.

Best regards.

Andre'
Toscano is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video