Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

im-loving-it

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2010
I just got a macbook pro off ebay a few weeks ago and everytime i use the internet the page doesnt load after about 10-15mins, even youtube is slow as hell.

it was fine on my pc when i had it but for some reason on this mac its slow and pages stop loading and its annoying cuz the only way to stop it is i have to close ALL my tabs on my browser and load up safari again.

things i tried already:

1. downloaded google chrome and its the same story, havent tried firefox yet.
2. i changed my internet connection from wifi to the netwok cable, the wifi was strong signal cuz the laptop is in same room as router.

anyone know what else i can try?

macbook pro 2008, snow leopard, 200gb hard drive by the way.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

When you bought the Mac, was there a fresh install of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on it?

im-loving-it

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2010
Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

When you bought the Mac, was there a fresh install of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on it?

thanks for replying, when i got it LEOPARD was on it so i bought a SNOW LEOPARD disc cuz i heard its better and installed that on it.

and as for user account - i only got 1 user on it cuz im the only person using it, u think its the browser? or it might be some internet settings?

when i download the torrents on uTorrent its fine speed no problem, just when browsing the internet and youtube is slow as hell

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.