Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuccillo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Hi Folks,

Looking to buy Apple Care for 2011 iMac refurb. I noticed that J&R has it for less than Apple. Is it OK to buy AppleCare from J&R? Anyone go that route?

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I haven't purchased AppleCare from J&R but I've purchased other things from them. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase AppleCare from them if it were a good price.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I've bought ram and other essentials for my Macs at J&R. Their service is very good, fast shipping and they are prompt at returns/exchanges if necessary. I would definitely buy the Applecare from them.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I agree with hfg. BH photo has the best prices on applecare. however if BH photo wasnt around i would definitely buy from J&R

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
J&R is a long-time Mac reseller in lower Manhattan. They are probably offering a good discount for AppleCare if you purchase it at the same time you buy a new Mac from them.

As such, a good deal.

Oldmanmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2012
Edmond, OK
I bought mine from J&R. Had originally started with BH, but got hijacked and went ahead and went with them. I think they are priced about the same, way less than Apple.

bobcan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Sunny but Cold.. Canada
Authorized Seller ~ Invoice

I am not aware of them, as I am in Canada.. However, if as folks say they ARE a reputable Apple Retailer, they should be fine; B&H surely is.. :apple:

You DO need an Invoice/Proof of Sale from an Authorized Apple Retailer to apply for Applecare, it is absolutely useless without ** assuming the same in USA as Canada, which it once was!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.