Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guidez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Hi,

i have a macbook air, version 10.7.4, and i wanted to know how to delete a app with out the admin password if possible.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
You need an admin password to do so, if the app is not deleted otherwise. What app are you talking about and why don't you want to use an admin password? It sounds a bit fishy that way.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the
MR_Edit_GoAdvanced_button.png
button below your message.

Guidez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
You need an admin password to do so, if the app is not deleted otherwise. What app are you talking about and why don't you want to use an admin password? It sounds a bit fishy that way.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the Image button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the Image button below your message.

it is indeed fishy and shady on what i am about to execute, i was just wondering if it was possible and the application is bluecoat, i'm sure you guessed it by now what my misson is.

Nov 28, 2010
located
it is indeed fishy and shady on what i am about to execute, i was just wondering if it was possible and the application is bluecoat, i'm sure you guessed it by now what my misson is.

You want to circumvent parental controls. There may be ways, but we are not able to help you here, and as far as I know, you need some kind of admin rights to circumvent the parental controls, even if a third party application is doing the controlling. That is the advantage of Mac OS X, admin rights are needed, when system changing events are to be executed. For you it is a disadvantage.

Robyr

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010

As a systems administrator, I have to say to people looking for someone to hand hold them in aiding in the breaking of policy:

IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT

Guidez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
You want to circumvent parental controls. There may be ways, but we are not able to help you here, and as far as I know, you need some kind of admin rights to circumvent the parental controls, even if a third party application is doing the controlling. That is the advantage of Mac OS X, admin rights are needed, when system changing events are to be executed. For you it is a disadvantage.

i see....what a shame thanks for the help though, really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.