Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Grmnracing
macrumors member

Buying MacBook Air from Apple

How does shipping work if I buy from Apple? I want a MacBook Air, Apple TV, and a few other accessories. Would they be shipped together or do they come in different boxes? If they are shipped separately would they most likely arrive the same day?
Grmnracing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
TheRealDamager
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grmnracing View Post
How does shipping work if I buy from Apple? I want a MacBook Air, Apple TV, and a few other accessories. Would they be shipped together or do they come in different boxes? If they are shipped separately would they most likely arrive the same day?
It depends on whether everything is available at the same time and shipping from the same location. I have to ask - why does it matter?
TheRealDamager is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
Grmnracing
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDamager View Post
It depends on whether everything is available at the same time and shipping from the same location. I have to ask - why does it matter?
I have scumbag neighbors! I don't want my expensive packages going missing! I've seen the UPS man let other people sign for packages!
Grmnracing is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:55 PM   #4
hfg
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I have scumbag neighbors! I don't want my expensive packages going missing! I've seen the UPS man let other people sign for packages!
Apple always requires a signature at delivery, no matter how small the item. If your UPS takes a sig from someone else, they will have to sort it out.
hfg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:50 PM   #5
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Everything arriving at once not guaranteed. Can always order and PU at local Apple store though.
Mrbobb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:15 PM   #6
MFL2012
macrumors member

Just bought a Mac Mini, keyboard, and trackpad from B+H Photo. Free Parallels 8 and 50% off Applecare. And no tax. Ordered Tuesday at 10 p.m. and got here Friday. Unless you just have to buy from Apple, I would check them out. Everything packed in one box. They also seem to have all the BTO options if you want anything more than the base model. And multiple shipping options. Just a suggestion.
MFL2012 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:03 AM   #7
sawah
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL2012 View Post
Just bought a Mac Mini, keyboard, and trackpad from B+H Photo. Free Parallels 8 and 50% off Applecare. And no tax. Ordered Tuesday at 10 p.m. and got here Friday. Unless you just have to buy from Apple, I would check them out. Everything packed in one box. They also seem to have all the BTO options if you want anything more than the base model. And multiple shipping options. Just a suggestion.
This is where I'll be ordering mine from, such a great applecare deal.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:30 AM   #8
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
If you want a configuration of the Air that that your local Apple Store has in stock, just go buy it in person.

Or as someone else suggested, use the ship to store option.

----------

Quote:
That is unfortunately standard procedure for UPS. And of course once UPS delivers it with a signature, it's painful to make claims against them.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:43 AM   #9
JoshMKB24
macrumors 6502

Yeah, Apple requires signature for all big ticket items. When I got my new 27" iMac i had to make sure I was going to be home to sign for it. I also would go with what others suggested about having it shipped to the Apple store or just buying 1 there, you'll have to pay sales tax either way. However, if there isn't an Apple store you could always hit up Best buy as well.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:17 PM   #10
old-wiz
macrumors 604

A shame that you don't have a retired friend who would stay at your place for the day and sign for stuff for you. This would be an interesting opportunity for a personal service. Charge maybe $ 25 and you wouldn't have to worry too much about your neighbors being criminals.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:32 PM   #11
JohnnyComeLatly
macrumors member

Apple wants a signature for all items from my experience. From a $129 iPod Nano to a $900 iPad.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:42 PM   #12
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Would it be bad manners if u post by door:

COURIERS: DO NOT leave package with slimy neighbors.
Mrbobb is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:46 PM   #13
chrisrosemusic1
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to chrisrosemusic1
Quote:
UPS are NOT allowed to accept a signature for Apple deliveries from anywhere other than the shipping address.

I had this problem with my iPad - I actually wanted it left with a neighbour cos I knew I would be at work. They refused to accept an alternative delivery address.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
A shame that you don't have a retired friend who would stay at your place for the day and sign for stuff for you. This would be an interesting opportunity for a personal service. Charge maybe $ 25 and you wouldn't have to worry too much about your neighbors being criminals.
What if the retired person is also a criminal??

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air