Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirbymcrae

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Hello all,

So our internet here will only work with the iMac and the iPads, it will not connect to any laptop including a macbook, macbook air, and an hp. I have reset the airport extreme, and the computers, but neither did anything.

I haven't the slightest clue what is going on here and would like some help, if there is any other stuff you need to know, ask and i will try to answer quickly.

Thanks,
Kirby

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
The first question I have is, what changed recently?

Were the laptops ever able to connect?

Are all the other devices connected wirelessly? Yes, I know the iPad HAS to be.

When you say you "reset" the devices, I'm assuming a reboot, right?

Have you tried restoring the Airport Extreme to default settings and starting over with configuration? Obviously, test all the devices with the AE at it's default settings first to establish a baseline. I also suggest backing up the configuration (if you can) before restoring it, in case the test doesn't change anything you can revert to what you had easily.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
When I changed routers, I had some issues where some devices were using WPA instead of WPA2 on the network password. Changing to the correct protocol fixed the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.