Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1
SteelBlueTJ
macrumors regular

iPhoto, GarageBand and iMovie are suddenly gone?

I have a Mac Pro with an ssd as my boot/os drive. Everything has always worked fine until today. I shut down my Mac Pro last night before I went to bed and everything was normal. So today I boot up like normal and I have 3 greyed out question marks in my dock where the 3 iLife apps were. I searched for them i the applications folder and they weren't there. I had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them. Why did my mac pro just randomly decide to delete iLife? Any thoughts? Does it have anything to do with the ssd? I mean I haven't done anything different lately. No os installs or anything.
SteelBlueTJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 02:48 AM   #2
bobright
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlueTJ View Post
I have a Mac Pro with an ssd as my boot/os drive. Everything has always worked fine until today. I shut down my Mac Pro last night before I went to bed and everything was normal. So today I boot up like normal and I have 3 greyed out question marks in my dock where the 3 iLife apps were. I searched for them i the applications folder and they weren't there. I had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them. Why did my mac pro just randomly decide to delete iLife? Any thoughts? Does it have anything to do with the ssd? I mean I haven't done anything different lately. No os installs or anything.
This happened to me, except it was 1Password what the heck happened? You figure out the problem?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 08:38 AM   #3
benwiggy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlueTJ View Post
II had to go back into the App Store and redownload all 3 of them.
What no backup?

I can't explain why apps should disappear from the Applications folder -- unless they weren't there to start with, but somewhere else. Question marks in the Dock will happen easily enough if the apps can't be found by the Dock.

Have you checked Spotlight to see if the apps can be found, but have been moved somewhere else?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help