Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:03 PM   #1
rappar
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
App from iMac to iPad?

I did a search but could not come up with an answer...
An Photo app for iPad/IPhone I wanted did not seem to be available through my iPad but could be purchased and downloaded to my iMac. Is there a way to transfer it from my iMac to the iPad? Do I have to connect to iTunes, I really don't want to sync with iTunes and possibly see some apps disappear.
Thanks
rappar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2
charlituna
macrumors 604
 
charlituna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar View Post
I did a search but could not come up with an answer...
An Photo app for iPad/IPhone I wanted did not seem to be available through my iPad but could be purchased and downloaded to my iMac. Is there a way to transfer it from my iMac to the iPad? Do I have to connect to iTunes, I really don't want to sync with iTunes and possibly see some apps disappear.
Thanks
I'm a bit confused. any app that works on the ipad can be downloaded from the ipad. it might be too big to download on cell data but that's about the only restriction.

are you seeing this app on the computer via the app store application or the itunes store in the itunes app. Cause if it's the former then that's a computer app and no you can't sync it to the ipad cause it won't work on it. If it is through iTunes then you should be able to sync it and as long as the other apps are on your computer also they won't disappear
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:26 PM   #3
rappar
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
I'm a bit confused. any app that works on the ipad can be downloaded from the ipad. it might be too big to download on cell data but that's about the only restriction.

are you seeing this app on the computer via the app store application or the itunes store in the itunes app. Cause if it's the former then that's a computer app and no you can't sync it to the ipad cause it won't work on it. If it is through iTunes then you should be able to sync it and as long as the other apps are on your computer also they won't disappear
I discovered that this was an app that would run on the iPhone but not the iPad. That was the reason I could not transfer it.
rappar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar View Post
I discovered that this was an app that would run on the iPhone but not the iPad. That was the reason I could not transfer it.
If it runs on the iPhone it will run on the iPad. They both run on the iOS operating system.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC