Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:15 PM   #51
lildimsum7
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdix View Post
Who cares as long as they release it!
iPhone Max or iPhone XL sound good
yeah, could be good news for many people, but you might as well buy the BB10 or an android device (unless you don't like to root and use a custom ROM. sIII is pretty slow without a custom ROM). my point is that Apple is a follower now rather than a leader. they seem to be playing catch-up now. hopefully they update the OS, because Android and the BB OS seem to be way more efficient with communications. iOS still doesn't have quick toggles or quick reply. the keyboard (and auto-correct) is way less sophisticated and less helpful than something like SwiftKey and the BB keyboard.
lildimsum7 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM   #52
map1978
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serelus View Post
They just changed screen size, and now another iPhone? with a larger screen.

I really don't want the fragmentation in apps to expand even more. I hate having these black bars on my iPhone as is. Adding another resolution would only further this hell of indifferent iPhone apps. Let's just stick to these 2 resolutions please.
Yes what's wrong with a s/m/l format? All my apps are optimized for the current iP5. New screen sizes will not be a problem.
map1978 is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM   #53
Gemütlichkeit
macrumors 65816

why is apple bending to the big screen trend? ugh
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM   #54
pk7
macrumors 6502

Sorry, I'm not buying these rumors for one minute.

Remember what happened the last time people thought there'd be two iPhones coming?
pk7 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM   #55
HORTENSE
macrumors newbie

If this rumor is true, Steve Jobs would had been disappointed. Apple is becoming more stock market driven, rather than innovation driven.
HORTENSE is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:16 PM   #56
Aidan5806
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMHC View Post
sigh...

guess Apple's innovation has completely stop.
....So you're relying on this rumor to determine Apple's level of innovation......IT'S A RUMOR......and you're just all "NOPE IT'S ALL OVER"
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:17 PM   #57
b11051973
macrumors regular

I would buy a 4.8" iPhone immediately. Please Apple!! The rest of the world has big screens on their smartphones. I want that too!!
b11051973 is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:17 PM   #58
flight
macrumors regular

Quote:
[...]If you want a bigger screen, buy a phone with a bigger screen.[...]
According to this rumor, if I want a bigger screen, I can buy an iPhone with a bigger screen. Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1441 View Post
screw a larger iphone. Just add phone capabilities to the ipad mini.
I might as well wear a fanny pack while I'm using my iPad as a phone, but I'd buy one with phone capability in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:18 PM   #59
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Quote:
I really, really really really hope apple, doesn't catter to this supposed "demand" for a larger screen. It's completely blown out of proportion by now.
That is the only thing holding many people back from buying the iPhone, and if they offer it as an option they will gain customers
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:19 PM   #60
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-key View Post
Actually I'm hearing it's iphone MAX
That's iPhoneiMax, with a curved screen. Movies during your morning commute will never be the same; with quasi-tetra-hedroscopic 12.1 surround sound of course.
macs4nw is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:19 PM   #61
ppdix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Buy another Phone? That do have bigger screens?
If I couldn't wait, I'd own a Samsung Note.
I have to admit they are pretty awesome.
Not only the screen but the operating system might be buggy and crash but it looks better than the iOS and it practically doesmore too.
I am disappointed with the iphone 5. In landscape, it is unusable. The screen proportion is great for video but useless for anything else. Try reading a text
Message conversation in landscape. Only one or 2
Lines fit. Very limiting...

but, since I am an apple user since 1986, Once you go Mac, you don't go back!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:20 PM   #62
quickmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
looks like a desperate move
I agree. I mean I know what you mean. Just following the herd now. Public wants bigger screens, we need a slightly bigger one.

RIM is coming with a brand new phone line and OS to match and the all touch version is bigger than the iPhone 5. Samsung and Nokia have had bigger screens for a while. A lot of people probably liked the iPhone screen size up until 4s and even though the phone wasn't for me I appreciated that they didn't get into the big screen size pissing contest. I mean have you see the Note smartphone? It's absurd.

Yet another sign Apple is really starting to falter and lose it's way. They need to lead by design not follow. I hope they don't do something this foolish. Eventually the big screen craze will fade and Apple will be lumped in with all the other has beens and have to once again regain it's place among companies who actually innovate. I suppose it's all cyclical in the end. Apple will keep losing it's edge and become irrelevant then hopefully reinvent itself again.
quickmac is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:20 PM   #63
currentinterest
macrumors 6502

I'll stick with a 4 inch screen, but if others want one, at least Apple will do it right. It will be narrower, thinner, and lighter than the competition and have a stunning industrial design like the 5.
currentinterest is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:21 PM   #64
macaddict06
macrumors regular

New ad revealed you guise!!!

Larger.

More Affordable.

Faster.

iPhone Math: It All Adds Up.

Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:21 PM   #65
GregAndonian
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1441 View Post
screw a larger iphone. Just add phone capabilities to the ipad mini.

"An iPad... a phone... and an internet communicator.

An iPad... A Phone... and an internet communicator...

An iPAD... A PHONE... AND AN INTERNET COMMUNICATOR...

Are you getting it?? These are NOT three separate devices we're talking about!!!"

-Steve Jobs
GregAndonian is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:21 PM   #66
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by opinpi View Post
The only thing Android phones have that interest me are the larger screens.

Apple sells 5 different Macbooks in various sizes and configurations to cater to different needs/wants. Why can't they do the same for phones? One size does NOT fit all!
The difference is that, desktop/laptops have a larger base of resolutions for developers to work with.

iPhones use Applications which are always at FULL resolution, this is not the case with a laptop which is why fragmentation is far less likely to happen, and in a way that influences the user experience negatively. Having black bars on my iPhone though is very frustrating as i'd like my Plants vs Zombies app to make full use of the screen.
Serelus is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:23 PM   #67
quickmac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORTENSE View Post
If this rumor is true, Steve Jobs would had been disappointed. Apple is becoming more stock market driven, rather than innovation driven.
Well said. There are companies out there that stick to their guns and stick to what they believe is what needs to be done. Steve Jobs passed away and Apple didn't hold onto that simple concept he had, to innovate not follow. At least I hope if they jump onto the fad of the year big screen phone bandwagon they do something different and fresh and not just a bigger screen. But they just seem to keep following others lately instead of doing what they need to do to stay ahead and stay fresh.
quickmac is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:23 PM   #68
ppdix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildimsum7 View Post
yeah, could be good news for many people, but you might as well buy the BB10 or an android device (unless you don't like to root and use a custom ROM. sIII is pretty slow without a custom ROM). my point is that Apple is a follower now rather than a leader. they seem to be playing catch-up now. hopefully they update the OS, because Android and the BB OS seem to be way more efficient with communications. iOS still doesn't have quick toggles or quick reply. the keyboard (and auto-correct) is way less sophisticated and less helpful than something like SwiftKey and the BB keyboard.
The only way an iPhone beats android or BB10
Is jailbroken.
I am desperately waiting for the iPhone 5
Jailbreak! It improves everything 10-fold!
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:24 PM   #69
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

The phone they saw may be the Galaxy S4.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:24 PM   #70
teleromeo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpdbqp View Post
Math is a poor translation for Plus… iPhone +
That could make sense, a mini with phone capabilities is the next step.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:25 PM   #71
Serelus
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppdix View Post
If I couldn't wait, I'd own a Samsung Note.
I have to admit they are pretty awesome.
Not only the screen but the operating system might be buggy and crash but it looks better than the iOS and it practically doesmore too.
I am disappointed with the iphone 5. In landscape, it is unusable. The screen proportion is great for video but useless for anything else. Try reading a text
Message conversation in landscape. Only one or 2
Lines fit. Very limiting...

but, since I am an apple user since 1986, Once you go Mac, you don't go back!
So instead of buying the better product, you stick with apple buying an inferior product? In the hope that apple changes theirs...?
Serelus is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:27 PM   #72
ppdix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickmac View Post
Well said. There are companies out there that stick to their guns and stick to what they believe is what needs to be done. Steve Jobs passed away and Apple didn't hold onto that simple concept he had, to innovate not follow. At least I hope if they jump onto the fad of the year big screen phone bandwagon they do something different and fresh and not just a bigger screen. But they just seem to keep following others lately instead of doing what they need to do to stay ahead and stay fresh.
Steve Jobs took one full year to give iOS copy and paste... And 4
Years to give iPhone an extra 1/2" screen...
Apple is too Cautious and with all the money they have, they should hire more developers to test new technology and release it more frequently
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:28 PM   #73
JoeG4
macrumors 68020

Send a message via ICQ to JoeG4 Send a message via AIM to JoeG4
I don't see how Apple offering a little variety would be un-Apple. You mean to say you like everything being dictated 100% of the way?

Maybe they should kill off every Mac except the MacBook Air and tell people it's the MacBook Air or the highway. Even the Air comes in multiple sizes, though!

Likewise, Apple makes 2 versions of the Cinema display - a thunderbolt one and a mini displayport model.

Things I think Apple should do:
* Sell a small (3.5"), and large (4.5"+) size iPhone
* Make 32GB standard, and a standard color - and then sell 16/64GB and other colors as BTO.

If they really wanted to impress me, they'd put an n-trig stylus layer in the iPads. This would allow 3rd parties (or even Apple) to sell a stylus as an option, and not clutter up their precious KISS scheme that sells so well.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:28 PM   #74
dhruhin
macrumors newbie

Tim: We need a new iPhone codename, the N9x is getting too boring. How about we name it after something we hate. (Double Down on Secrecy Policy in effect)
Everybody Else: MATH!!!
Tim: iPhone Math it is!
dhruhin is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:29 PM   #75
ppdix
macrumors 6502

Quote:
So instead of buying the better product, you stick with apple buying an inferior product? In the hope that apple changes theirs...?
It's not Inferior, just limited now. And yes I am hoping for something better.
Who isn't?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion