Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yuvib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Hi guys.

i turned off my imessage a last week and tried turning it back on, but now it wont activate with my number. it gets stuck at "waiting for activation" and then it fails to activate. i tried it a couple of times and left it on for over 24hrs. still nothing. i have tried to rest my phone, reset the network setting but still nothing. any help will be apreciated!!

Cheers

----------

ps - im in india and its an iPhone 4 running 6.0.1

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
iMessages needs an active cellular network and SMS to activate.

Do you have an active sim card, and credits to send sms? Also make sure cell reception is OK.

blatopilot

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2011
This was a widespread issue when there was an icloud outage a while ago. Not sure if there were any recent outages.

Try going into settings and signing out of app store and icloud. Turn off phone, power on, try to activate imessage first and see if that changes anything.

yuvib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
This was a widespread issue when there was an icloud outage a while ago. Not sure if there were any recent outages.

Try going into settings and signing out of app store and icloud. Turn off phone, power on, try to activate imessage first and see if that changes anything.

logged out of the app store and icloud as you suggested. powered off and then on and tried. nothing so far. will give it a bit. dont know how long it should take. but thanks for the suggestion.

----------

iMessages needs an active cellular network and SMS to activate.

Do you have an active sim card, and credits to send sms? Also make sure cell reception is OK.

yes i do have an active sim with credits to send an sms. it was have had the phone for over a year and it was working fine. has just stopped working all of the sudden

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
logged out of the app store and icloud as you suggested. powered off and then on and tried. nothing so far. will give it a bit. dont know how long it should take. but thanks for the suggestion.

----------

yes i do have an active sim with credits to send an sms. it was have had the phone for over a year and it was working fine. has just stopped working all of the sudden

Always found being on wifi helps too

yuvib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
nothing seems to work. i keep getting an error message asking me to try again. any other suggestions guys?!

daudi

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
nothing seems to work. i keep getting an error message asking me to try again. any other suggestions guys?!

in order to activate imessages u need to have some balance in ur sim card.

if u got the balance and still it is not working, make sure u are factory unlocked on it because on gevey sim imessages have some issue. if you are factory unlocked, then try taking the sim out. turn on the airplane mode, re insert the sim card, and tr again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.