Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:24 AM   #901
bembol
macrumors 6502a

After 20 days it's finally being Prepared for Shipment!

*tear drop. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-05 at 11.21.52 AM.png
Views:	30
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	394635  
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:41 AM   #902
oililymad
macrumors 6502

its worth every day of that wait. and of the 000's

absolutely stunning display

and

The fusion is so fast,

im in love with a computer. it is every bit as good as i expected,all doubts evaporated when it came out of the box
the anti glare is pretty awesome too.
it arrived at 9.30 this morning :-) been a bit busy!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:00 AM   #903
Arrow29
macrumors newbie

I'm day 19 post order now, the refreshing of the order page is getting a little out of hand
Arrow29 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:05 AM   #904
kanepuppydog
macrumors newbie

Smile

My iMac just shipped 20 min ago

Ordered 16 Jan
kanepuppydog is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:27 AM   #905
clnguyen
macrumors newbie

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by clnguyen View Post
Date/Time Activity Location
- 2/05/2013 - Tuesday 6:16 am At local FedEx facility SAN JOSE, CA
- 2/04/2013 - Monday 3:45 pm Departed FedEx location OAKLAND, CA
- 2/03/2013 - Sunday 12:48 am Arrived at FedEx location OAKLAND, CA

my iMac arrived Oakland Sunday, 40 miles from my house, it took two days to get to the local fedex in san jose, which is 5 minutes from my house. And now they wait until tomorrow to deliver to me to match the estimate, which is pushed out one day from the original date today. I tried to call fedex but get into the auto answering machine and it said the package is too big for pickup. how do you talk to a person ?
Finally I got through the answering machine and talked to a fedex agent. She gave me the address of the local fedex to pickup. I drove there and was told it was on the truck for delivery 5 minutes before.
clnguyen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:14 PM   #906
ZenNerd
macrumors member

For those that closely followed your FedEx tracking. I got the shipped email on Feb 2nd and started to check my tracking regularly. Since it arrived at the local FedEx facility it doesn't appear to have moved. It being the weekend I didn't worry to much figuring maybe on Mon it would start moving. Well it's Tuesday and still no movement. My estimated delivery is Thurs by 4:30pm which is still possible living just outside Atlanta Ga. Anyway my question is approximately how long did your machines sit before getting on a plane? Are tracking updates just really slow? I'm just gauging whether I need to start making calls or am I just being totally impatient.
Apple TV
ZenNerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:30 PM   #907
Miikejs22
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oililymad View Post
its worth every day of that wait. and of the 000's

absolutely stunning display

and

The fusion is so fast,

im in love with a computer. it is every bit as good as i expected,all doubts evaporated when it came out of the box
the anti glare is pretty awesome too.
it arrived at 9.30 this morning :-) been a bit busy!
Fantastic news! Hope you're enjoying your imac.

Think mine might be delivered tomorrow but not sure. Is there a reference number for ups? as I'll need to phone them to rearrange delivery for Thursday.
Miikejs22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:39 PM   #908
jaimejaime
macrumors newbie

Ahhhhhhhh UPS didn't update the tracking info to say it was out for delivery when in fact it was, and so I wasn't home to receive it. Trying again tomorrow (the original scheduled date) apparently. So frustrating.
jaimejaime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:47 PM   #909
cdwdirect
macrumors newbie

Shipped! China >>> TX, USA in three days on standard shipping, wow.
cdwdirect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:49 PM   #910
trjwv
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanepuppydog View Post
here is the link to the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...yufztq2c#gid=0
spreadsheet
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:55 PM   #911
Gavzooka
macrumors member

Mines now cleared customs on http://www.expeditors.com/. However, none of the references I have work with UPS so no idea when it gets here. Expeditors have a requested date of the 7th and the latest update says the 6th although it just cleared customs.

Is the delivery on expeditors just to the delivery company?

Anyone got any ideas what the delivery reference looks like for the UK? I've tried all the bits I have to no avail.....trying to plan which day to stay working from home but at the minute it's a complete guess....
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:06 PM   #912
oililymad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikejs22 View Post
Fantastic news! Hope you're enjoying your imac.

Think mine might be delivered tomorrow but not sure. Is there a reference number for ups? as I'll need to phone them to rearrange delivery for Thursday.
The display. Wow.

Um. I got my UPS tracking number at 5am. It got delivered at 9.30. No time to change or do anything. From memory UPS insist on making one attempted delivery before they will do anything

The UPS ref appeared on my delivery estimate thing that's available on my orders/shipped. But again. At 5am

This machine makes my old iMac look like a prehistoric fossil

It will be worth the wait

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavzooka View Post
Mines now cleared customs on http://www.expeditors.com/. However, none of the references I have work with UPS so no idea when it gets here. Expeditors have a requested date of the 7th and the latest update says the 6th although it just cleared customs.

Anyone got any ideas what the delivery reference looks like for the UK? I've tried all the bits I have to no avail.....trying to plan which day to stay working from home but at the minute it's a complete guess....
Yes the delivery date on expeditors is to delivery company - or maybe even Apple in Hinckley?? Not sure. But it's not the date of delivery to you

See above for UPS.

The UPS ref is long and starts 1Z I think?

Last edited by oililymad; Feb 5, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
oililymad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:13 PM   #913
Miikejs22
macrumors member

Quote:
The display. Wow.

Um. I got my UPS tracking number at 5am. It got delivered at 9.30. No time to change or do anything. From memory UPS insist on making one attempted delivery before they will do anything

The UPS ref appeared on my delivery estimate thing that's available on my orders/shipped. But again. At 5am
Thanks. So if i have the ups tracking number tomorrow it will be out for delivery tomorrow?

Ah...it is tintilising close!
Miikejs22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:47 PM   #914
oililymad
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikejs22 View Post
Thanks. So if i have the ups tracking number tomorrow it will be out for delivery tomorrow?

Ah...it is tintilising close!

So close indeed!

Tomorrow? I would guess so given you are a day behind me.
Don't know though. They won't let you collect it without one attempted delivery anyway.

Did you order other stuff at the same time. ?

The clue for me was the 'merge in transit' bit on the delivery notification it disappeared the day before I got it. So I assumed that it had merged.
My iMac only sat at the local depot for 50 minutes before going back out on a van
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:20 PM   #915
Gavzooka
macrumors member

Quote:
So close indeed!

Tomorrow? I would guess so given you are a day behind me.
Don't know though. They won't let you collect it without one attempted delivery anyway.

Did you order other stuff at the same time. ?

The clue for me was the 'merge in transit' bit on the delivery notification it disappeared the day before I got it. So I assumed that it had merged.
My iMac only sat at the local depot for 50 minutes before going back out on a van
Mines multiple items and still set to 'Merge in Transit'. On Expeditors it says that the delivery time is 10am on the 06/02/13....so guess they may pick it up tomorrow and it'll probably all merge at some point tomorrow and get delivered on Thursday....fingers cross...
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:24 PM   #916
Megaoctane
macrumors regular

Mine is still stuck in Pudong airport since yesterday. Expeditors.com shows no data.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:27 PM   #917
oililymad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaoctane View Post
Mine is still stuck in Pudong airport since yesterday. Expeditors.com shows no data.
For some reason I didn't see anything until it got to Abu Dhabi.
Mine was 'shipped' on the 31st buy didn't move til nearly 48 hours later

It still arrived at my door 3 days earlier than apples estimate
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:31 PM   #918
Dale34
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Mine cleared customs in the UK this morning also, and was delivered to the distribution company early thi safternoon.

All along, Apple has been saying delivery on the 8th on their website, stating I would be given "48 business hours notice" of delivery. This phrase seemed very unapple like, but I though I would see where it led.

I noticed a couple of hours ago that the 48 hour notice disappeared. On closer inspection, my delivery date has changed to the 6th. And I still have no courier information. No notice, no email saying it is coming. The only reason I know it might get delivered tomorrow is because I have been frequenting Athe expeditors and Apple's website so much over the last week to check progress.

Sort it out!

Update: The carrier is now listed as UPS. Delivery by end of tomorrow. Need to change plans.

Last edited by Dale34; Feb 5, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Dale34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:39 PM   #919
pattersontrevor
macrumors newbie

Am i missing something with Expeditors?

I've typed in the tracking number (8246123901) a million times but it always comes up no data. I have a UPS tracking number which tells me the iMac has been sitting at Stansted Airport (arrival scan only) since this morning at 4AM local time (it's now nearly 10pm).

This process is enough to give a normal person OCD!
pattersontrevor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:41 PM   #920
chewyrobot
macrumors newbie

Anyone's iMac prepare for shipping today who ordered it on Jan. 19th? Haven't seen any updates yet today...
chewyrobot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:45 PM   #921
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502

Shipped !!!

ordered January 16th
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	394720  
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:59 PM   #922
Dale34
macrumors newbie

Quote:
For some reason I didn't see anything until it got to Abu Dhabi.
Mine was 'shipped' on the 31st buy didn't move til nearly 48 hours later

It still arrived at my door 3 days earlier than apples estimate
And hopefully now the other side of the door
Dale34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:09 PM   #923
cdwdirect
macrumors newbie

Arrow Jan 17 --> SHIPPED!

I was notified via text and email from Apple that my order shipped today.

Let me break down my timeline in plain text, so nobody has to do any math...

ORDER
Ordered: Jan 17
Apple's estimated ship: Available to ship 3 - 4 weeks. (Standard shipping)
Apple's estimated delivery: Feb 14 - 22
SHIP
Actual ship: Feb 5 (China)
Actual time from order to ship: 19 days (2 days less than 3 weeks)
DELIVERY
FedEx scheduled delivery: Feb 8 (TX, USA - Friday @ 10:30 AM CST)
Apple's best case estimate: 28 days
Apple's worst case estimate: 36 days

ACTUAL time from order to unboxing: 22 days

This is assuming that it doesn't get held up anywhere, but it's nearly a full week ahead of Apple's best case estimate!

My new 27" iMac is in FedEx's capable hands now. Your experience may vary.

SPECIFICATIONS:

3.4Ghz i7 | 8GB SDRAM | 1TB Fusion | GTX 680MX | Trackpad | Keyboard w/Keypad

Last edited by cdwdirect; Feb 5, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
cdwdirect is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:09 PM   #924
Fifemacuser
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyrobot View Post
Anyone's iMac prepare for shipping today who ordered it on Jan. 19th? Haven't seen any updates yet today...
On 19th as well, but no word. I noticed n the spreadsheet that a few folk from 18th ave at least started prepping for shipment, so we could hear any tie from tomorrow I think
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:38 PM   #925
oililymad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale34 View Post
And hopefully now the other side of the door
it is

I'm having a hard time switching from old set-up of 20"iMac and 42" plasma being used as main display

Im now trying to use the 27" like i used the 42 and it isn't working, obviously I'm too far away

Going to resort to old set up of both displays for a few days, I ca't quite get my head around the safari windows with the bit in the middle and blank spaces either side on full screen,

tiny text...

and would you believe the old one now works. damn thing!

Ive got 3 'displays' on my desk now, and the most obvious difference between them all is the lack of glare/ reflection on the new iMac,

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Tags
27", imac, january, order, shipping