Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:42 AM   #51
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
If you want grins and giggles, go to foxnews.com. It is the morning after the inauguration, and they don't have anything on their front page about it other than the Michelle Obama eye roll. I guess if they don't cover it, it never happened.
what do you expect from www.fakenews.com Real news?
Rodimus Prime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:49 PM   #52
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
So my facts aren't as good as your facts? His approval rating for his first term is one of the lowest since WWII (Fact) and not as many people showed up this time for the inauguration then last time (Fact). You did not counter anything.
Here's the only facts that matter:

Fact: He's President
Fact: He was reelected by over 50% margin
Fact: 2nd inaugurations aren't as heavily attended as first
Fact: Even with a lower attendance figure at his 2nd, he still exceeds GW Bush's FIRST.

Yesterday's inauguration attendance exceeds most past President's:

1965: Lyndon B. Johnson, 1.2 m
1973: Richard Nixon, 300,000
1977: Jimmy Carter, 350,000
1981: Ronald Reagan, 500,000
1989: George H.W. Bush, 300,000
1993: Bill Clinton, 800,000
2001: George W. Bush: 500,000

http://www.zimbio.com/Inauguration+A...ation+Expected
MadeTheSwitch is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:30 PM   #53
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeTheSwitch View Post
Here's the only facts that matter:

Fact: He's President
Fact: He was reelected by over 50% margin
Fact: 2nd inaugurations aren't as heavily attended as first
Fact: Even with a lower attendance figure at his 2nd, he still exceeds GW Bush's FIRST.

Yesterday's inauguration attendance exceeds most past President's:

1965: Lyndon B. Johnson, 1.2 m
1973: Richard Nixon, 300,000
1977: Jimmy Carter, 350,000
1981: Ronald Reagan, 500,000
1989: George H.W. Bush, 300,000
1993: Bill Clinton, 800,000
2001: George W. Bush: 500,000

http://www.zimbio.com/Inauguration+A...ation+Expected
Yawn!! When most of his supporters don't work I can see why he had high attendance then GWB.
edk99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:00 PM   #54
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Yawn!! When most of his supporters don't work I can see why he had high attendance then GWB.
Prove that his supporters do not work. Credible sources, please.

BL.
bradl is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:06 PM   #55
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
Don't you ever get tired of your spins and BS being proven completely wrong and showing your entire point is invalid.
Rodimus Prime is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:10 PM   #56
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
Prove that his supporters do not work. Credible sources, please.

BL.
65,899,660 votes for Obama. I'm guessing they represent his supporters.

With that number the unemployment rate should be at least 40 %
Peace is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:17 PM   #57
Rodimus Prime
Banned

Quote:
enough said as looks like more people have a job of the side supporting Obama than the side against him. So what where you saying again. Facts are against you here.
Thumb resize.
Rodimus Prime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:45 PM   #58
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Aside from the fact that this is an absolutely ridiculous and ignorant statement, yesterday was a ****ING HOLIDAY.
zioxide is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:06 PM   #59
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

edk99's attendance implications aren't worth arguing about at this point. Initially edk99 implied "Why weren't there more people at the inauguration?! Those numbers sure were lower than last time!" Now his implication is "Well no wonder there were so many, they're all unemployed!" So unless there's an exact correct number that edk99 has in mind and that exact correct number showed up, the argument isn't going to go anywhere.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:10 PM   #60
mudslag
macrumors regular

Quote:
And yet it still cost money for majority to go to such events. Most are from out of state meaning they provide money through travel, lodging, food and souvenirs they purchase as well as anything else they do while in town. So these people actually give a boost to the local economy during the inauguration.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:30 PM   #61
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
edk99's attendance implications aren't worth arguing about at this point. Initially edk99 implied "Why weren't there more people at the inauguration?! Those numbers sure were lower than last time!" Now his implication is "Well no wonder there were so many, they're all unemployed!" So unless there's an exact correct number that edk99 has in mind and that exact correct number showed up, the argument isn't going to go anywhere.
Hey all I stated in my original post is that this inauguration was attended by less people then his first inauguration. I did not compare that to other presidents. My point was factual and valid. THEY took it upon themselves to take what I said compare Obama's inauguration numbers to others. I'll look for that link on the number of unemployed people that showed up to the inauguration when I get a second between my 2 jobs.
edk99 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:38 PM   #62
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Hey all I stated in my original post is that this inauguration was attended by less people then his first inauguration. I did not compare that to other presidents. My point was factual and valid. THEY took it upon themselves to take what I said compare Obama's inauguration numbers to others. I'll look for that link on the number of unemployed people that showed up to the inauguration when I get a second between my 2 jobs.
Wrong. Your post said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99
Nothing about who was at the inauguration: you stated that most of Obama's supporters do not work. that is an absolutely ignorant and ridiculous statement to make.

But I'll throw you a bone: Prove your statement.

BL.
bradl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:05 PM   #63
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
The tone of your original post was negative. Feel free to keep trying to weasel out if it one way or another. It doesn't really matter to me either way.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:49 PM   #64
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
I'll look for that link on the number of unemployed people that showed up to the inauguration when I get a second between my 2 jobs.
Maybe you should look for a job that gives federal holidays off?
zioxide is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:00 PM   #65
elistan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Maybe you should look for a job that gives federal holidays off?
Like the entire US banking industry, including Wall Street. Dang non-working takers. The nerve of them, not working yesterday.
elistan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:04 PM   #66
vega07
macrumors 65816

Quote:
My god, how old are you?

On another note, I just heard that Beyonce lip-synced the anthem. Turns out it's normal practice because of the cold. But Kelly Clarkson did in fact sing live. Props to her.

Also, there are a lot of conservatives who decried Obama's address as "pathetically partisan," sounding like it's either he's way or the highway.

Last edited by vega07; Jan 22, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
vega07 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:15 PM   #67
turtle777
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
Aside from the fact that this is an absolutely ridiculous and ignorant statement, yesterday was a ****ING HOLIDAY.
Only if you are a government employee, for the most part.

Most privat businessesthose that make products that pay for taxes and ****) had to work.

-t
turtle777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:34 PM   #68
Charcoalwerks
macrumors regular

I didn't vote for him last election or this one. I voted Ron Paul. I don't really care how many people showed up for his inauguration, but I'm glad both went smooth for the most part. Now it's back to business. I really hope both parties can move forward this time. I can't afford anymore pay cuts and I know a lot of people still seeking employment. Obama won, he's got a lot of **** on his plate, all I can ask is "please do what is best for America."
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:11 PM   #69
MadeTheSwitch
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Quote:
What BS. Like ALL of your post, you posted crap in order to discredit Obama same as you always do. Then you get called on your illogical rant, since logically, second inaugurations have less attendance in general and it's pointed out that whatever horrible low attendance you think he had, it still is more then the other Presidents you worship. Then you backpedal and blame unemployment....on a holiday.

I thought maybe when the election was over you would stop your endless slams and rants over Obama....guess not. All I have to say to that is that you have a rough four years ahead of you! Good luck with that. LOL
MadeTheSwitch is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:06 PM   #70
Sydde
macrumors 68000

If those numbers are correct upthread, Barack Obama's second inaugural ceremony had more attendees than both of George W. Bush's together. Both of Obama's inaugurals together add up to more than 2.5 times the attendance of all three of the Bush inaugurations combined.

I guess a fair number of people like the guy.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:48 AM   #71
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Hey here are some more FACTS guys!!

Quote:
That said, the “big three” cable news channels were down substantially in the ratings from the 2009 inauguration. Whereas approximately 17 million people watched Obama’s address on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News in 2009, only around 7 million watched on those three channels in 2013.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...m-2009_b163820
edk99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:55 AM   #72
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:

Every time you post nonsense like this, you cement your reputation as one who can't debate facts but posts "facts" in a hit and run manner. Seems to me the only fact you can't seem to come to terms with is Obama is president for four more years.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:55 AM   #73
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:57 AM   #74
CalWizrd
macrumors 6502

I'm no fan of Obama, but this thread is just ridiculous from the outset.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:06 AM   #75
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWizrd View Post
I'm no fan of Obama, but this thread is just ridiculous from the outset.
The outset was the inauguration......

----------

Quote:
That doesn't mean people still didn't watch it. I watched it on Youtube. It was also streaming on Hulu and I'm certain many other places. Do you know if the viewership of those channels has gone up or down since 2009? Your facts are indeed true, but they don't imply anything about Obama. There are so many other factors to take into consideration it's ridiculous.

Your facts are just facts... they aren't interesting or useful facts.

According to this report, viewership in general has been going down. Except for Fox News it looks like and let's face it, Fox News viewers aren't really Obama's target audience.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues