Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
iPhone 4s or iPod Tocuh 5th Gen.

I was wondering which would be the better purchase the phone will not really be used for calling or texting. So i felt an ipod would be a good purchase but not sure if they have really good resale value. i know that iphones have really good resale value however. What do you guys think ?

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
I've had an iPod Touch 4G for quite some time before I bought my iPhone 5. To be honest, the iPod touch has tought me how not to depend on the cell network. As long as you don't need to call or send SMS via the network and have a constant "supply' of WiFi, an iPod Touch 5 would be perfect.

zballer

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
4S or 5gen Touch

The iPod Touch will do almost everything as the 4S will. I have the 5th gen and iPhone 5. The touch I use mainly for keeping all my itunes on it and using it mainly as a music player for the gym, work and all-around. I keep games and such on the touch and keep my iPhone free of the additions. Plus on the touch you can use it as a phone as well, but limited capabilities.

RAPTORSKI

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
British Columbia
I would purchase an iPhone 4S if I were you since a phone is a lot more useful, however both are good buys. Also keep in mind a phone comes with a monthly bill.

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
Lol i sold the iPod touch 5th gen to get a Note 2. As you know Christmas is coming. The competition is now between an iPhone 5 - as the internals are much better than the 5th generation iPod and i feel like it will be supported longer ( if i go this route i can only get a 16gb iPhone 5 as the 32GB is way more expensive). I have an iPad 4 now and its pretty good for what I use it for but I was thinking i could also get the Nexus 7 2 as its a great android tablet and its the cheapest out of all the options. Or i could just go with the Ipod Touch 5th generation but the Specs are lower than the Iphone 5. I could probably sell the iPad 4 as i feel like even though its in the iOS system in terms of jailbreaks and some apps the iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th gen due to there form factor get a little more. What do you guys think ?

craigmackem

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
its worth pointing out that the 4s has 800mhz ram, and the ipod uses duel channel. i know what i chose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.