Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mary86004

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
mac ox 10.6.8 itunes 11.0.1

This new layout is very confusing for me and I am not find simple moves very intuitive.

Here's one to start with:

How do I find a song in a playlist? I have 170 songs. In the older version of itunes I just typed it in the search box above but that doesn't work now.
I have my playlist open and the search box searches the music library, not the playlist that is open.

Any help would be very appreciated. Also is there some kind of online tutorial or something that explains the whole new itunes?

dirt farmer

Suspended
Feb 23, 2005
mac ox 10.6.8 itunes 11.0.1

This new layout is very confusing for me and I am not find simple moves very intuitive.

Here's one to start with:

How do I find a song in a playlist? I have 170 songs. In the older version of itunes I just typed it in the search box above but that doesn't work now.
I have my playlist open and the search box searches the music library, not the playlist that is open.

Any help would be very appreciated. Also is there some kind of online tutorial or something that explains the whole new itunes?

Yes, when you type your search term in the search field in a playlist, you will get results iTunes-wide (which is strange). But if you simply type in the search term and then hit enter, the results will confine themselves to the playlist.

mary86004

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
that worked

Very strange but it worked. Thanks.

Do you know of something that explains how the new itunes works?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.