Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Mrudich
macrumors newbie

Post Best texting/calling app for iPhone/Ipod Touch

I just purchased an Ipod touch as an Iphone's monthly bills are too expensive. I have wifi at home and it would be nice if I was able to call and text from my Ipod. I have the TextPlus app, which allows texting and limited calling. The text interface is okay. It's a lottle difficult to add new contacts, but other than that, it texts nicely. The problem is, you have to pay for minutes. It is a lot cheaper than cell phone service, but I was wondering if there was an app that I could call and text on. I'm fine with a one-time purchase, but I'd rather not have to buy minutes or pay monthly fees. I have heard of text free as another option. Also textnow. Do any of those offer calling for free too? Thanks so much! Hopefully I can get this figured out.
Mrudich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:12 AM   #2
jedisaga
macrumors regular

Actually, if you search the forums, you will see the question of using the ipt5 as a phone has been asked and answered fairly recently:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1516724

In regards to texting, you can use "Messages" on your ipt5. That program is made for texting.

J
jedisaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Androidfan1x
macrumors regular

I use talkatone and pay nothing and get unlimited free calls with unlimited minutes and unlimited texting. only in the United States Canada though
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:56 PM   #4
wrinkster22
macrumors 68030

Google Voice app

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch