Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I'm not sure if there's any thread going on around about this issue, but if there is do enlighten me with the link, thanks alot guys. :D

So here I am with my Glas.tR been using it for about a month and so on, and frankly speaking i am very disappointed with the quality as i saw a lot of tiny scratches on the glass itself already, what a big let down. :(

I have tried the bodyguardz pure before, but it doesn't work well with most of the styluses i use so ditched it and use the Glas.tR... and the end result, it didn't even last me through 2 full months and it has tiny scratches all over it already. p.s. i use this glas in my empty pocket with no keys, no coins, nothing. Did some occasionally wiping it from smudges and fingerprints.

Did some google search and end up with quite a few other brands of screen protectors to choose from, any feedback from all of your opinions on the brand is highly appreciated :D

iloome screenmate - 9H hardness as claimed by them but too bad they don't ship overseas.

bodyguards pure - had it before but doesn't work with my styluses (stylus suggestions maybe if i decided to get this again?)

mime hdtc - similar like glas.tR with the rounded edges, its a new brand, and recently saw the review by larry greenberg on youtube and the feedback was very good.

USG itg - another brand from japan currently being sold by tekcases on ebay and their personal website

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I'm not sure if there's any thread going on around about this issue, but if there is do enlighten me with the link, thanks alot guys. :D

So here I am with my Glas.tR been using it for about a month and so on, and frankly speaking i am very disappointed with the quality as i saw a lot of tiny scratches on the glass itself already, what a big let down. :(

I have tried the bodyguardz pure before, but it doesn't work well with most of the styluses i use so ditched it and use the Glas.tR... and the end result, it didn't even last me through 2 full months and it has tiny scratches all over it already. p.s. i use this glas in my empty pocket with no keys, no coins, nothing. Did some occasionally wiping it from smudges and fingerprints.

Did some google search and end up with quite a few other brands of screen protectors to choose from, any feedback from all of your opinions on the brand is highly appreciated :D

iloome screenmate - 9H hardness as claimed by them but too bad they don't ship overseas.

bodyguards pure - had it before but doesn't work with my styluses (stylus suggestions maybe if i decided to get this again?)

mime hdtc - similar like glas.tR with the rounded edges, its a new brand, and recently saw the review by larry greenberg on youtube and the feedback was very good.

USG itg - another brand from japan currently being sold by tekcases on ebay and their personal website

No one?

macandmercedes

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
New York
Screen Protection

I couldn't find any information on stylus sensitive with respect to the bodyguards pure screen protector.

The USG itg screen protector received nice reviews.
http://www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/colorant-usg-itg-tempered-glass-iphone-5-screen-protector-re.html

The mime hdtc screen protector looks good too.
http://www.runaroundtech.com/2013/01/12/mime-hdt-c-glass-screen-protector-for-iphone-5-review/

If it were me I'd go with the USG itg, but I still couldn't find any information on using a stylus with these products. Perhaps try giving these two companies a shout out on the phone, or web and ask them.

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I have tried the SGP Glas.tr, Bodyguardz Pure, iLoome Screenmate, and the Mime HDT-c and hands down my favorite for price, goodies included, and all around clarity and curved glass is the Mime HDT-c, its fit is perfect and they offer an excellent replacement program similar to Bodyguardz but they go a step further by also including a standard screen protector to use while you wait for your replacement glass at 40% off to arrive, they do not want you to go unprotected for any amount of time.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
I have tried the SGP Glas.tr, Bodyguardz Pure, iLoome Screenmate, and the Mime HDT-c and hands down my favorite for price, goodies included, and all around clarity and curved glass is the Mime HDT-c, its fit is perfect and they offer an excellent replacement program similar to Bodyguardz but they go a step further by also including a standard screen protector to use while you wait for your replacement glass at 40% off to arrive, they do not want you to go unprotected for any amount of time.

kind of cool. but you can find a plastic screen protector anywhere for next to nothing. and unless you completely destroy the original BG Pure originally installed on your iPhone, BG doesn't require you to send back the old one until you receive the replacement. So in this case, no time spent unprotected either and no need to mess with any crappy plastic protectors.

nice price and packaging on the Mime though, i never heard of them before. there seems to be a slew of glass options out there today.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I don't know what people have against the Spigen glasst.R.
Frankly , I love it. I've had both the T and tR.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia

Thanks for the feedback! I pulled the trigger by getting the Mime HDT-C :D Couldn't resist the goodies that came with it. I wanted to get the ITG but decided to give Mime a try out since it came with so much goodies in it

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
kind of cool. but you can find a plastic screen protector anywhere for next to nothing. and unless you completely destroy the original BG Pure originally installed on your iPhone, BG doesn't require you to send back the old one until you receive the replacement. So in this case, no time spent unprotected either and no need to mess with any crappy plastic protectors.

nice price and packaging on the Mime though, i never heard of them before. there seems to be a slew of glass options out there today.

Unless your glass cracks and you can't use the Pure screen protector and it needs to be removed than you'd have nothing on your screen while you wait for the replacement. That's the only benefit of getting a plastic screen protector with the Mime, but the piece of screen protector mime gives you for removing the lint and dust prior to install is key. Great choice going with the Mime, let me know how you like it when you receive it.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Rjbeh, I don't use a stylus, is Pure a good option?
What about the Spigen ones?

pure is pretty good, but its the most expensive compared to others... the reason i went with mime is because of the price. my spigen glas.tr as mentioned in my previous post is scratched up

iRuminate

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011

I'm looking for the thinnest of these. Is it the BodyGuardz Pure?

JBryan84

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I'm looking for the thinnest of these. Is it the BodyGuardz Pure?

The thickness for all of them is negligible. I believe all of them are .4mm thickness. The Mime HDT-c and its curved edges are what makes it the best in my opinion.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
ok so i've gotten my mime hdt-c glass. kinda happy, but disappointed for my experience.

came in nicely packaged, i've even got a memo from the guys over at mime to enjoy the product. This screen protector is actually thinner than the glas.tR, and a lot smoother to use on compared to the glas.tR, but...

so here are the cons i've met up with this protector (i might assume that i got a defective one, and will contact them about it)

the glass itself came already scratched. :mad: Also, there is one tiny bubble at the lower left corner, tried holding onto it for about 1-2 minutes, yet the bubble doesn't go away... i've used light to check it, definitely an air bubble not a dust. :(

As I am typing this review I have already made another purchase of USG ITG+ which were sold by tekcases. Similar type to the Glas.tR.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    881 KB · Views: 184

maatae

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
so besides the goodies involved is the mime significantly better than the spigen tr? i have the spigen right and was wondering if it was worth the switch...in what ways it better?

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If you're expecting a glass screen protector to no scratch you'll end up disappointed no matter what. Glass isn't unscratchable. Screen protectors are sacrificial parts so they're not designed to be indestructible. Instead, they take the scratch so your screen doesn't.

i use this glas in my empty pocket with no keys
For one material to scratch another it has to be harder than the material it is attempting to scratch. Keys are not harder than glass. Sand and some other type of grit, however, are -- as well as other materials.

https://macrumors.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent. See why and how to avoid bumping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.