Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1
bpletcher
macrumors member

Time Capsule movies automatically added to iTunes

Iv set up a Apple TV 3 and a Time Capsule to manage my movies through iTunes on my Mac but was hoping there was an easier way to do what I already have been doing.

Currently when I add movies to my Time Capsule I have to keep note of what movies I add and then add them to iTunes. Is there anyway for iTunes to track the Data folder on my Time Capsule and automatically add movies to my library when copied into my movie folder?
bpletcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:36 PM   #2
d21mike
macrumors 68020

I am interested in this topic as well so did a google search and found the following. I think you would need your entire iTunes to be on the same drive.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/03/21/autom...add-to-itunes/

If you do this I would interested on how well it works.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:02 AM   #3
bpletcher
macrumors member

I knew about the folder but was not sure if a simple alias or symlink would do the trick. Since I store all my movies on my Time Capsule, keeping them in a single folder will not be an issue. Since you have a similiar situation to my own I will attempt to use this method when I get a chance to and report back on my findings.
bpletcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater