Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruqui

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Hi!

I've just bought a Macbook Pro and like it very much! Unfortunately, I'm new to Mac OSX; as I have a unix background (mainly Solaris and Linux) I thought it will be easy for me to get used to Mac OSX; the truth is I found some problems and that's why I'm posting this :)

I've started apache using 'sudo apachectl start', I'm sure it's working because http://127.0.0.1 returns me the usual 'It Works!' page. Now I wanted to list the running process in the terminal, but couldn't find it using 'ps', I've tried 'ps auxw' but the process is not listed there

Anybody know how can I see the process using 'ps' ?

Thanks!

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
This works for me:
Code:
ps -axwww
I don't know what you expected ps auxw to do, so I suggest posting any error message, and/or reading man ps. The ps on OS X may differ from what you've used elsewhere.

I also suggest trying Activity Monitor.app, found in /Applications/Utilities. You should use the popup to show All Processes, since the default is only for your user-id's processes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.