Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weksasemaj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2013
Here's the deal - want to get a 1080p HDTV that for sure works with the 2012 mac mini. Was leaning toward Samsung but have read there are issues (?)
So what will definitely work? Looking to get 32".
Thanks!

COrocket

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Any brand should work. I've never heard of a specific brand not working with a mini. If the picture doesn't work there is usually a defective component somewhere.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I have heard.....

good things about the Panasonic Viera series and the Samsung HDTVs. Not so good things about Sharp and Sony ones.....:(

:):apple:

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here's the deal - want to get a 1080p HDTV that for sure works with the 2012 mac mini. Was leaning toward Samsung but have read there are issues (?)
Thanks!
I used a two-year old Vizio Razor 26" LED LCD for several weeks with my Mac mini (Late 2012). It was this one. It was fine except for the lack of a sleep mode. It just went to a blue screen when it lost the video signal.

John

hleewell

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2009
I hooked my Mac Mini to both a Samsung LED 6000 series and a Sony Bravia 40" EX
However the Samsung has some slight audio lagging issue when playing 1080p HD video (you have to fiddle with some setting to minimize it but it is ever so slightly there). The Sony has zero audio lag. Video runs beautifully on both.

n2y6n7.jpg

8394246158_2982fda3eb_z.jpg

SoCalReviews

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2012
I have a base model i5 2.3Ghz mid-2011 Mac Mini connected to a 23" Samsung 1080p LED HDTV/Monitor via HDMI ports (HDMI cable) and it works flawlessly. I have no problems at all with the image, colors or sleep mode...whether I am in OS X 10.8.2 or whether I left the Mac on with Windows XP or Windows 8 Pro in Parallels 8 virtual machines. The Samsung monitor via HDMI turns off as the scheduled time regardless of what VM or state the system is in.

I use the Samsung remote to switch between the Mac Mini, an older Windows XP Pro PC on the VGA port, a Sony Blu-ray player and cable/satellite TV. I am curious to know if the newer Mac Mini late-2012 models with the Intel 4000 graphics offer the same flawless compatibility with the newer Samsung combo LED HDTV/Monitors as my mid-2011 with the Intel 3000 graphics. I am considering purchasing a new late-2012 model Mac Mini and a newer Samsung 40" or larger LED HDTV in the near future (I prefer the 6500 and up models with SmartTV and 3D capability).

Last edited:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Thanks!

I think you read that thread from this troll which said AppleTV's and Samsung TV's don't work together, I asked him to prove it since there is no noise on the internet about them being incompatible.
Multiple people said to get a replacement or get his TV serviced, he wouldn't listen and kept on trolling.

All HDTV's should work with the Mini.

I hooked my Mac Mini to both a Samsung LED 6000 series and a Sony Bravia 40" EX
However the Samsung has some slight audio lagging issue when playing 1080p HD video (you have to fiddle with some setting to minimize it but it is ever so slightly there). The Sony has zero audio lag. Video runs beautifully on both.

Nice Singaporean Cat.:)

(I have a different Map of the MRT, seems this one has lines not on mine, what is the URL please.)

Last edited:

slickadam

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Germany & Hungary
My Panasonic VT50 plasma doesn't work with the 2012 Mini (or should I say 10.8.2?)
Can't detect the correct resolution.
Also my monitor, which has a built in TV tuner, is reckognized as a "Samsung TV", so it doesn't work either. It looks blurry / washed out too.

So... HDMI-to-HDMI connection is f##ked up. TB-to-VGA and HDMI-to-DVI work well with my monitor (obviously... can't test these with my plasma).

Hopefully a new OS update will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.