Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I think alot of it is stock manipulation to get apple to join in the me too race. The stock market feel they can bully cook around like they couldn't with jobs.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
eventually apple will make less profit than they have the past few years. It is inevitable. As long as they keep innovating on their products and taking care of customers they aren't going to fade away or go out of business. Nothing to get worried or upset about.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
This earning season is not about last quarter. Everyone knows the numbers by totaling the wireless provider numbers that it was a great quarter. What the investors want to know is the outlook for next 2 quarters from the management. The stock price will reflect the outlook.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
OMG!

Apple iPhone sales will rise 18 percent only.

But demand for smartphone is slowing down.

Good for Samsung, bad for Apple?

If demand for smartphone is slowing down, wouldn't that be bad for both Apple and Samsung? ;)

After all, "Samsung offers more than 80 touchscreen smartphones."

BTW. Apple makes $12.8 Billion a quarter? Holy smokes.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Brought to you by Samsung Ministry of Propaganda and Lies

No kidding, it's getting quite obvious that Samsung is the one spreading these ridiculous 'rumors'

I guess this is where they spend their billions of marketing money- hiring trolls online and paying the media to defame apple.

wiliswene

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
The stock market feel they can bully cook around like they couldn't with jobs.
a17.jpg

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
What is the point in speculating or analysing anything when they're going to release ACTUAL figures later today?

I never understood this kind of crap...

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
No kidding, it's getting quite obvious that Samsung is the one spreading these ridiculous 'rumors'

I guess this is where they spend their billions of marketing money- hiring trolls online and paying the media to defame apple.
I think every company employs tactics such as these including Apple and Samsung. They can report that Apple are experiencing losses and iPhone sales are stalling but the reality is people are still buying iPhone's and the enthusiasm for the product is as high as ever.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
This doom and gloom about apple is getting old. Fact is that if iPhone sales aren't what they should be the. It's the s smartphone market because Apple soaked up what...52% of the sales this last holiday season. Nothing to be worried about.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Even the Bambino couldn't hit a home run every time he came to the plate.

Despite the fact that Apples sells millions of premium iOS products year after year, they'll get savaged by Wall Street if they don't sell the same amount of them, or more. The soft economy doesn't seem to factor into their calculations. It's almost enough to make you feel sorry for Tim, Jony and the rest.

I think this tells more about the market's unreasonable expectations than Apple's performance.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Uncle Scrooge's money bin just went from 99 percent full to 98 percent full.

Seriously, read how these stories are spun first. "May face first profit drop in decades." In other words, they will either make less profit than the year before or it may refer to profit not increasing as much.

Either way, the company is still making a ton of profits.

You'll see the same stuff with market share. Apple pretty much had the tablet market for a year. Therefore, any competitors coming in will probably eat into it. A better indicator of the company is whether it's selling more than it did last year and what the profit margin is. If Amazon comes in with a $199 Kindle Fire at low markup and basically taps into a new market but Apple continues to sell more and more iPads, then everybody is winning.

I have also been amused at people acting like the sky is falling with Apple's stock "dropping" to $500. When I bought a few shares of Home Depot stock in 2003, I really wanted to buy Apple but I couldn't afford much. It was about $80 at the time. Again, poor Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.