Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ferrarofilms

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
After doing all the trials and pertinent checks with the internet provider I had to quit using my new Apple TV because the speed of internet is not enough, it fluctuates during the 24 hrs and watching a movie became a nightmare.
Is there a way to lock it directly to a hard drive without having to go wireless?
If somebody knows how I appreciate the feedback. If not I'll sell the unit.
Thanks

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Yes, rent it on iTunes (your Mac/PC) and it'll download to your HD. Then HomeShare or AirPlay it.

Also use wired Ethernet if possible.

ferrarofilms

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
The problem is there

Can't HomeShare or AirPlay it. Not enoug speed from the router because it is directly related to the income band from the street, old house (rented) all cables only one outlet.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
you control your own wifi speeds, im assuming you have a router that is also the modem provided by your service provider, and if this is the case its probably a crappy wireless router, but should still suffice for airplay, if not get your own router that has better performance

ferrarofilms

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
The router

you control your own wifi speeds, im assuming you have a router that is also the modem provided by your service provider, and if this is the case its probably a crappy wireless router, but should still suffice for airplay, if not get your own router that has better performance

The router is Gateway NB304N from Netcomm, not a crappy one, I am getting about 8 mbps and at that speed i can not air video without interruptions, data is another story.
The video via air is out of the question, I gess that it is not possible to do it from an HDD like the Philips HD Media Plyayer does

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.