Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Oct 26, 2014, 04:40 PM   #1
BeatCrazy
macrumors regular

Got OS X Server 4.0, now external drives have .AppleDouble files

Hi all,

I got Server 4.0 on 10.10, mainly to allow for easy Time Machine access for other Macs in my house.

However, I got an unintended consequence. I believe Sever created duplicate .AppleDouble files for all my media, on an attached HDD. The drive is formatted as OS Extended (Journaled). These double files also ended up on my Time Machine backups

These .AppleDouble files are a pain, because bulk-editing of the files becomes messy when you have two of every single file (listed) on the drive.

I have read a few articles about removing the .AppleDouble files, but none seem to work. I'm concerned that even if I get them removed, they will come back. I'd prefer to know what exactly in my setup is causing them.
BeatCrazy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking