View Poll Results: What would you like to see in the new iPhone
Bigger Battery 51 51.52%
Bigger Screen 47 47.47%
Thinner 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:37 PM   #76
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

For changes to the hardware I'd mostly like to see the home button become a capacitive button. And don't give me that BS about accidental presses. That doesn't happen (even in landscape mode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanto02 View Post
I do like the idea of live tiles!
I have a Windows Phone and I really love the live tiles. If Apple did something similar then I'd be so happy and probably come back to the iPhone.

Last edited by Agent-P; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Agent-P is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:11 PM   #77
woodynorman
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1PPER View Post
Holographic Strippers....thats all i really need in a phone anyway.
This.
woodynorman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:32 PM   #78
akasch
macrumors regular

I want the little square on the home button to turn into a multicolored notification light.

Edit: Damn someone already said it
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:00 PM   #79
libertysat
macrumors regular

Screen smaller than g111 bigger than ip5
or
Cordless charger
libertysat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:39 PM   #80
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerilos View Post
... someday.
Not someday. Already every day in use for commuting and little purchases at vending machine ... I would love to get NFC. (but there was already another thread battle around that specific topic)
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 PM   #81
bushman4
macrumors 65816

no bezel
bushman4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:21 AM   #82
Myiphone7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
Being able to see just my unread emails in the email app. I know....That's software but that's the feature that I want.
Genius my friend. Genius.

I would love this.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanto02 View Post
Rumours of the next iPhone/iPhones are coming earlier than any other idevice I have seen.

With that in mind what is the one plausible feature you would add if you had the key to the factory?

Mine: NFC mobile payments
As worried as people are about dropping their iPhone I hope scratch and shatter resistant.

Oh and totally smudge resistant for like 2 years.
Myiphone7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:37 AM   #83
Toops
macrumors newbie

NFC not for payment but maybe use it for exchanging contact information instantly. And maybe more UI customizations
Toops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:48 AM   #84
setty7
macrumors member

a little bigger screen (4.3"-4.7")

Multi-color LED notification light(or the home button like someone stated earlier)

problemless wifi

better battery life

faster processor(although the i5 is fast!)

REAL multi-tasking (split-screen)

app killer (hate the double touch home screen crap)

updated siri (app intergrated)

live tiles

maybe widgets

much much moree
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:57 AM   #85
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by setty7 View Post
a little bigger screen (4.3"-4.7")

Multi-color LED notification light(or the home button like someone stated earlier)

problemless wifi

better battery life

faster processor(although the i5 is fast!)

REAL multi-tasking (split-screen)

app killer (hate the double touch home screen crap)

updated siri (app intergrated)

live tiles

maybe widgets

much much moree
Sorry, you'll need to start a new thread with the following title:

iPhone 5S - you can add 10+ new features
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:02 AM   #86
sandwicher
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-P View Post
For changes to the hardware I'd mostly like to see the home button become a capacitive button. And don't give me that BS about accidental presses. That doesn't happen (even in landscape mode).

I have a Windows Phone and I really love the live tiles. If Apple did something similar then I'd be so happy and probably come back to the iPhone.
I'm sorry but it's not BS. Accidental presses happens a lot. At least on the SIII it does. Even if you manage to "control" your fingers, say you place the phone in your pockets/bag. The capacitative buttons gets activated by the stuff in the bag, your screen lights up = waste battery.
sandwicher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:17 AM   #87
setty7
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Sorry, you'll need to start a new thread with the following title:

iPhone 5S - you can add 10+ new features
haha
setty7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:33 AM   #88
RichardC300
macrumors 6502a

Assuming form factor will be the same and iOS updates do not count...NOTHING! My iPhone 5 is amazing!

If we get into iOS updates, I'd like self-updating Weather and Clock icons like how the Calendar icon is.
RichardC300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 PM   #89
STEVESKI07
macrumors 68000

Everyone saying that NFC is useless since it isn't used anywhere yet is looking at it the wrong way. If the iPhone got NFC, there would be a much stronger push for places to use it. There's not much infrastructure built for NFC yet, because there aren't many phones that have it.

And for people saying that the iPhone has a notification light and that it's the camera flash used for deaf people have got to be kidding me. Please, just stop.
STEVESKI07 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:36 PM   #90
yellowbunny
macrumors member

Little harder to scratch/dent please!
yellowbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:56 PM   #91
karuk
macrumors newbie

4.65 inch screen

Notification LED

"Close all apps at once" button

Ability to put my app icons where ever I want.

Multiple profiles (work/home)

Liquid metal Case
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:00 PM   #92
Pompiliu
Banned

a notification LED

Pompiliu is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:07 PM   #93
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompiliu View Post
a notification LED

Nice try, but that would not work. It would need to on the top side near the power on button ( or the button itself become "enlighten"). Because that way when carry in a shirt pocket or belt holster you can see it.
Frontfacing would be redundant to the main screen.
Member of MacRumors.com Folding@Home Team (#3446) & developer of the F@H Mobile Monitoring app.

Last edited by ChristianJapan; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Correct autocorrect
ChristianJapan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:09 PM   #94
pear21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
I don't own the iPhone 5, but I thought the battery was supposed to be better than the 4S?
It was better then the 4s but once they updated to 6.0.2. it became a constant drain for me, my brother, my dad, and a few of my friends who have a 5.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:26 PM   #95
STEVESKI07
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
Nive try, but that would not work. It would need to on the top side near the power on button ( or the button itself become "enlighten"). Because that way when carry in a short pocket or belt holster you can see it.
Frontfacing would be redundant to the main screen.
Almost every phone has the notification light in a similar spot as the picture he posted and that is where it should be. I keep my Android phone on silent at work and it's sitting on my desk and I can see the light flash on the front when I have a message. If it was on top of the phone, I wouldn't be able to see it. The idea is to be able to see if you have a message without having to turn the screen on. I don't know too many people who carry a holster or carry it in a shirt pocket, so I don't think that is the main target audience for notification lights.
STEVESKI07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:35 PM   #96
heq2011
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked1 View Post
micro sd card slot, or increase base phone to 32gb and add 128 at top of spectrum, 16 gb is no longer enough especially that the iOS takes up nearly 2-3 gb, cmon Apple it only costs you $.41 cents per GB but you have the nerve to charge us way too much???

This is one game change that may make me switch to a Samsung, tired of having to move photos off my phone, or music just to have space.
+1 I would love expandable storage.
heq2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:52 PM   #97
Agent-P
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwicher View Post
I'm sorry but it's not BS. Accidental presses happens a lot. At least on the SIII it does. Even if you manage to "control" your fingers, say you place the phone in your pockets/bag. The capacitative buttons gets activated by the stuff in the bag, your screen lights up = waste battery.
Capacitive buttons wouldn't be activated by stuff in a bag. But a physical home button would. So currently that's a problem but if they switched to a capacitive button then it wouldn't.

Sure, at first you may have accidental hits with your hand while you get used to it. But once your hands "learn" where the capacitive button is, then they'll avoid it.
Agent-P is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:00 PM   #98
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianJapan View Post
Wireless charging would be nice and allow us to cut the cable; at least at home
Cut what cable? You'd still need a cable to plug the charger into the wall and the phone would have to sit on it to charge, so what would the savings be?
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:57 PM   #99
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
Almost every phone has the notification light in a similar spot as the picture he posted and that is where it should be. I keep my Android phone on silent at work and it's sitting on my desk and I can see the light flash on the front when I have a message. If it was on top of the phone, I wouldn't be able to see it. The idea is to be able to see if you have a message without having to turn the screen on. I don't know too many people who carry a holster or carry it in a shirt pocket, so I don't think that is the main target audience for notification lights.
So are we all different: when I put my iPhone on the table the existing notification system gives me the feedback I would need. An additional LED would be redundant. But when I walk around the phone rest inside my shirt pocket (and for many other colleagues too). Having a LED on top would be beneficial as I would have a chance to just have a brief look instead to picking the phone from the shirt pocket and check the front side.
ChristianJapan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:11 PM   #100
ChristianJapan
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhurst View Post
Cut what cable? You'd still need a cable to plug the charger into the wall and the phone would have to sit on it to charge, so what would the savings be?
Depend in the solution it could be only one cable required charging multiple devices. Plus if you have a kind of fixed position of a wireless base station hiding the cable is easier.
I just would like to place my devices on a pad and get them charged.
Your concern would be very valid if for each device you have one charger adopting to the shape; that would not so efficient.

Something like this http://www.duracellpowermat.com/powermat/index.html
But build in and without bulky external attached addon to the phone.

Last edited by ChristianJapan; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
ChristianJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone, iphone 5, iphone 5s