Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:13 AM   #1
v3rn
macrumors regular

Lunatik Taktik for iPhone 5 available for preorder

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-strike

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-extreme

Not sure if I'll preorder or not. The reviews from the iPhone 4 version weren't very good, and it seems the case is way bigger than it needed to be. I think I'll wait for some reviews from the iPhone 5 version before I order one.
v3rn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:15 AM   #2
wrkactjob
Banned

Just got my email!...I love the look but am really concerned that its going to make the iPhone look MASSIVE!....hmmmm am in two minds!

Just imagine the case they are going to make for the new 4.8" iPhone!
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3
v3rn
macrumors regular

Yeah especially seeing the cheaper waterproof cases coming out soon, I'm just not that excited about this anymore. The Incipio Atlas looks better, is smaller, and is waterproof. And it also has a glass screen protector for a cheaper price.
v3rn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

I like the look but those photoshopped pics can be deceiving . Think ill wait for the reviews.
Xanderstone12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:44 AM   #5
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

I pre-ordered the strike. 10 day return if I don't like it. I hate any screen protector.
DanUC6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

Is the only difference between the strike and xtreme the "gorilla glass"? I could die without having glass over my phone. How does the phone even register touch with glass over it? Maybe a dumb question but I am really not sure how that works.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Just got in my Pre Order this morning and now I just wait and wait and wait

It's a race, wonder if I'll get the Otterbox Armor, Incipio Atlas or the TakTik Extreme in first.

I'll order all three as soon as they are available, one down two to go.
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:22 PM   #8
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

I've used it and its great. Nothing like the plastic protectors. However I like the actual phone screen and nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderstone12 View Post
Is the only difference between the strike and xtreme the "gorilla glass"? I could die without having glass over my phone. How does the phone even register touch with glass over it? Maybe a dumb question but I am really not sure how that works.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:15 PM   #9
frankchen855
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing... I'll probably end up waiting on some more reviews
frankchen855 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:21 PM   #10
v3rn
macrumors regular

Glass will conduct electricity, which is how your touch screen works to begin with. I have a glass screen protector on my phone, and you can't tell it's on. It's literally as smooth and clear as not having a protector on at all. I would even say it prevents fingerprints much better as well. You would not notice the difference between having a glass protector on or not. The only issue is that because the glass is thicker than a standard protector, the home buttons is lower. This can be fixed on the Taktik with a rubber piece, or on the screen protectors like the Bodyguardz Pure and Spigen Glas.tR you can add a small aluminum or plastic home button on top of the original.
v3rn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rn View Post
Glass will conduct electricity, which is how your touch screen works to begin with. I have a glass screen protector on my phone, and you can't tell it's on. It's literally as smooth and clear as not having a protector on at all. I would even say it prevents fingerprints much better as well. You would not notice the difference between having a glass protector on or not. The only issue is that because the glass is thicker than a standard protector, the home buttons is lower. This can be fixed on the Taktik with a rubber piece, or on the screen protectors like the Bodyguardz Pure and Spigen Glas.tR you can add a small aluminum or plastic home button on top of the original.
That's interesting .thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:04 PM   #12
Bellcross
macrumors newbie

I've used taktik with glass on my 4s. Now it sits in my drawer collecting dust.

The downsides are the glass shield tends to create watermarks if installed on naked phone. But it can be solved by installing any anti glare / matte screen shield, or use the baby powder trick.
The touch senitivity is slightly reduced, on certain areas of the screen it even require some pressure.
Another note, the power/ sleep wake button is somewhat hard to press. The homebutton is responsive, since it has built in epoxy under the case to reach the home button.
I only use it for 1 week, can't stand the massive bulk added to my 4s...
Bellcross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:12 PM   #13
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

Interested in selling?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:41 PM   #14
Hooterville
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellcross View Post
I've used taktik with glass on my 4s. Now it sits in my drawer collecting dust.

The downsides are the glass shield tends to create watermarks if installed on naked phone. But it can be solved by installing any anti glare / matte screen shield, or use the baby powder trick.
The touch senitivity is slightly reduced, on certain areas of the screen it even require some pressure.
Another note, the power/ sleep wake button is somewhat hard to press. The homebutton is responsive, since it has built in epoxy under the case to reach the home button.
I only use it for 1 week, can't stand the massive bulk added to my 4s...
Is this the case with the Gorilla Glass?
Hooterville is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:25 AM   #15
wrkactjob
Banned

I see China has caught up and the fakes are flooding onto Ebay.
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:38 AM   #16
kampongkid
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
I see China has caught up and the fakes are flooding onto Ebay.
they've been on there for over a week. if anything, its what got them to pull their head out of their asses and finally get these preorders rolling out.
kampongkid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:47 AM   #17
Daniel212
macrumors member

Do anyone think the extreme version would work with spigen glas.tr? I really like the look of the extreme version,
Daniel212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:33 AM   #18
Six8
macrumors 6502a

Possibly if their gorilla glass isn't attached to the case
Six8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:21 AM   #19
Bellcross
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Interested in selling?
Sorry, i never sell any of my cases. I usually just gave them away to my nephew and or colleagues (if they like and want it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
Is this the case with the Gorilla Glass?
Yes, it is. I was one of their backers on kickstarter. I opted the 4/s taktik case with corning gorilla glass.
Bellcross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:31 PM   #20
kampongkid
macrumors regular

i ended up going with a strike. fingers crossed that it'll work with my bodyguardz pure. i like the look of the red audio jack cover on the extreme, but not the parts that cover the top and bottom of the screen.
kampongkid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:07 PM   #21
LostAggie
macrumors regular

The Seemik looks neat also...
LostAggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:27 PM   #22
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

Super excited for the strike. I really hope it is closer to 2 weeks than 4 but what are you going to do. As for the red clasp I wished it was but I emailed Lunatik and it is the silver as the pictures show. But they did inform me that in a month that they will have various parts for sale, including the audio plug piece. I think Lunatik is really here to stay. Good for them.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:40 PM   #23
Xanderstone12
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanUC6 View Post
Super excited for the strike. I really hope it is closer to 2 weeks than 4 but what are you going to do. As for the red clasp I wished it was but I emailed Lunatik and it is the silver as the pictures show. But they did inform me that in a month that they will have various parts for sale, including the audio plug piece. I think Lunatik is really here to stay. Good for them.
I think that the new nano being a cheap little peice of junk put a real hurting on their potential earnings.
Xanderstone12 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:23 AM   #24
Daniel212
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six8 View Post
Possibly if their gorilla glass isn't attached to the case
Do you think I can pop the screen off like the otterbox def. case?
Daniel212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:43 AM   #25
kampongkid
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik Offer View Post
Hi , LUNATIK offer 10% discount on any product . Please click the link http://mbsy.co/LUNATIK/73733 and enjoy the 10% discount . Wish u enjoy your shopping and have a nice day
agreed! but the link isn't good. this is the one to use- http://mbsy.co/LUNATIK/81583
kampongkid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories