Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1
applesky
macrumors newbie

Problem with iPad Mini's accelerometer

Hi, I just purchased the iPad mini recently. I noticed some problem with the accelerometer. It is not very precise which makes it very difficult to play driving games like Need for Speed. I didn't have such issue with my iPad2. Is this the common problem with iPad mini or my unit is defective? Do you also have this problem with your iPad Mini? I really love this device if not for this problem.

Thanks.
applesky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Namtaro
macrumors regular

Mine doesn't have problems with any games/apps using the accelerometer - I play Asphalt 7 and Temple Run on it frequently.

There are settings within games to calibrate the accelerometer as sometimes you may have opened the game on an odd angle. Have you tried turning your iPad Mini off, then on? Try restoring it as a last resort and if that doesn't work, you have a faulty unit. It's not a known wideset problem with the iPad Mini.
Namtaro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesky View Post
Hi, I just purchased the iPad mini recently. I noticed some problem with the accelerometer. It is not very precise which makes it very difficult to play driving games like Need for Speed. I didn't have such issue with my iPad2. Is this the common problem with iPad mini or my unit is defective? Do you also have this problem with your iPad Mini? I really love this device if not for this problem.

Thanks.
My mini is spot on.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad