Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:45 PM   #101
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime View Post
As already addressed there are a lot of jobs that require a pilot but they are not flying.
Sorry I didn't see it, post number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
I'm sure there are men who are trained and take leaves for whatever reasons. That's a huge waste of taxpayer dollars.
Everybody takes leave. That's pilot maintenance, a huge waste of taxpayer dollars would be to burn them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyChris View Post
And they have a minimum of 5 more years of piloting for you to get your moneys worth.
Minus 1 if they get pregnant
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:54 PM   #102
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post

Everybody takes leave. That's pilot maintenance, a huge waste of taxpayer dollars would be to burn them out.
I'm not talking about regular leave.

I suppose no male pilots, with millions of dollars of training spent on them, have to take leave for illness or family emergency or maybe he even decides he doesn't want to be a pilot.
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:04 PM   #103
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Sorry I didn't see it, post number?

Minus 1 if they get pregnant
I don't believe they're out for a year but I just don't know..Again most of there women are career military, they have a 6 year commitment if the military paid for college and an additional 3 years the second they graduate from flight school. The military has them for at least 9 years if they fly. Officer careers tend to be longer than enlisted especially if they're getting promoted 28 to 30 years if the make it O-6. Women can be soldiers and mothers too just like they can have a career and be mothers too this is not an either or situation. A year or two of pay for a Captain or Major is a small price to pay for a content family, motivated soldier, and happy children.

My wife get three years paid (not at full salary) and she doesn't have to go to war for a year every other year..
GermanyChris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:34 PM   #104
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

I foresee an increase in the phenomena commonly referred to as "queen for a year"

My PSG and I were big on accountability of enlisted females to ensure they weren't "bartering".

Some of the stuff that happens during deployment is embarrassing.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:37 PM   #105
eric/

Quote:
I don't believe they're out for a year but I just don't know..Again most of there women are career military, they have a 6 year commitment if the military paid for college and an additional 3 years the second they graduate from flight school. The military has them for at least 9 years if they fly. Officer careers tend to be longer than enlisted especially if they're getting promoted 28 to 30 years if the make it O-6. Women can be soldiers and mothers too just like they can have a career and be mothers too this is not an either or situation. A year or two of pay for a Captain or Major is a small price to pay for a content family, motivated soldier, and happy children.

My wife get three years paid (not at full salary) and she doesn't have to go to war for a year every other year..
I'm not disputing that there should be a family, just that doing it while you're supposed to be flying is a misallocation of resources.

And you don't choose to get sick rdowns, nor do you choose emergencies, with contraception, you do choose pregnancy.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:19 AM   #106
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
I'm not disputing that there should be a family, just that doing it while you're supposed to be flying is a misallocation of resources.

And you don't choose to get sick rdowns, nor do you choose emergencies, with contraception, you do choose pregnancy.
And you'd be wrong.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:30 AM   #107
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

I knew women in the AFROTC who comissioned as officers. The Air Force is much better off for having such outstanding officers, part-time or not. It would be a loss to the country if they chose a different career in order to have kids.
filmbuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:27 AM   #108
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Good move by the US.
Eraserhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:06 AM   #109
eric/

Quote:
And you'd be wrong.
No i wouldn't
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:11 AM   #110
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
No i wouldn't
We've had female pilots in the military since WWII so we've been misallocating resources for 70 years..

Uhh huh

Thats why you don't run anything, lack of perspective
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:35 AM   #111
eric/

Quote:
We've had female pilots in the military since WWII so we've been misallocating resources for 70 years..
Yeah, if they've been getting pregnant during good flying years it's been a misallocation of resources.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:38 AM   #112
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, if they've been getting pregnant during good flying years it's been a misallocation of resources.
Right, lack of perspective and general disrespect.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:39 AM   #113
eric/

Quote:
Right, lack of perspective and general disrespect.
Why
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:50 AM   #114
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Why
Do you read what you write? Think about the implications you might just get it…Aren't you an engineering student or some such, think about the 2nd and 3rd echelon effects of what you're saying.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:53 AM   #115
eric/

Quote:
Do you read what you write? Think about the implications you might just get it…Aren't you an engineering student or some such, think about the 2nd and 3rd echelon effects of what you're saying.
Yup, I read what I write. Care to point out what is wrong with what I've written?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:57 AM   #116
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Yup, I read what I write. Care to point out what is wrong with what I've written?
Start from the fact that you just created a second class citizen based on gender..and go from there..

Please don't quote me anymore..never mind I just added you to my ignore list
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:58 AM   #117
eric/

How did I create a second class citizen?

What metric are you using to determine what constitutes this citizen?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:26 AM   #118
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
The Army has very few commissioned/warrant officer immature girls.

It's been covered that I know of since I got married in 2004.
As an commissioned officer I've had to have chats with a few 21 year old butter bars that were completely out of hand. Generally I think you're right, but junior officers are a handful at times.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:19 AM   #119
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
As an commissioned officer I've had to have chats with a few 21 year old butter bars that were completely out of hand. Generally I think you're right, but junior officers are a handful at times.
I've always wondered how Officers my age or younger acted when not at work.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:41 AM   #120
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
I've always wondered how Officers my age or younger acted when not at work.
Assuming you mean 22-25 age range, if they aren't married or at work, same as other people. Watching TV at home, out at bars, etc...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:43 AM   #121
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Assuming you mean 22-25 age range, if they aren't married or at work, same as other people. Watching TV at home, out at bars, etc...
So immature like the privates? Lol.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:53 AM   #122
eric/

Quote:
So immature like the privates? Lol.
yup. On the whole though, smarter and more mature because they've at least been to college and they aren't 18.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:10 AM   #123
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
of course they are but they are generally not doing the things we're talking about...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:23 AM   #124
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
yup. On the whole though, smarter and more mature because they've at least been to college and they aren't 18.
I think it's rare to find a "smarter" LT straight out of college. Hell, even CPT's are dumb.

I have nothing against Officers, but one thing that annoys me the most is they think just because they read a book on war strategies, that they actually know what to do. Remembering what a book says goes out the window when bullets start flying. I'm a firm believer that prior enlisted officers are better.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:55 AM   #125
GermanyChris
Banned

Quote:
I think it's rare to find a "smarter" LT straight out of college. Hell, even CPT's are dumb.

I have nothing against Officers, but one thing that annoys me the most is they think just because they read a book on war strategies, that they actually know what to do. Remembering what a book says goes out the window when bullets start flying. I'm a firm believer that prior enlisted officers are better.
The problem with prior enlisted officers is they try to be NCO's instead of being officers

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues