Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XcodeNL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2013
Hi there,

I have bought an iPhone 5 yesterday and today I have been testing the device thoroughly and I have noticed something weird that I haven't seen before on any of my previous iPhones.

If you take a closer look at the picture below, you'll notice a green spot right in the middle of a purple 'halo'. I have read about the halo and it appears that it is normal. However, the green spot seems a bit awkward to me. :D

c9f2b62eaa28ec1ccbc0e1160e82a69afe2e1ac8_0.jpg

Am I overly worried and can the green spot be considered as normal? It only appears during light intensive situations.

Last edited:

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
theres a million posts on this already, which is why no one has responded. please SEARCH!!

basically this is caused by the intense amount of light that the cameras sensor is picking up. its a common issue with all cameras that are pointed at a strong light source. apples official statement on the matter was to point the camera away from direct light. the green dot you encountered inside the halo is part of the light issue as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.