Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Hi, I had to split and rebuild my Fusion Drive to make the bootcamp partition and now I fell my 2009 iMac lags a lot.

I have 63MB/s Write and 168MB/s Read, isn't a bit low? I don't have Spotlight in the background reindexing the whole thing, already checked on that ;)

I've also checked About this Mac and in Storage it says "Internal Drive"(Translated from Spanish), not "Hard drive + Flash Storage" like in this picture:

fusion_aboutthisma-100012434-orig.png

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Hi, I had to split and rebuild my Fusion Drive to make the bootcamp partition and now I fell my 2009 iMac lags a lot.

how have you got a fusion drive in a 2009 iMac, when its only on the late 2012 model?

edit/.. sorry now i see its a DIY 'fusion'. i don't know how that would show in about this mac.
should drink more coffee before answering posts!

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
how have you got a fusion drive in a 2009 iMac, when its only on the late 2012 model?

edit/.. sorry now i see its a DIY 'fusion'. i don't know how that would show in about this mac.
should drink more coffee before answering posts!

No problem ;)

What about the speed, is slow, isn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.