Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:50 AM   #1
bogatyr
macrumors 65816

Bluetooth PAN two macbooks

How can I connect two MacBooks over Bluetooth? I don't need internet - they both have internet connections, they just need to share data between themselves and they aren't on the same network.

I tried adding a Bluetooth connection, manually setting IPs in the PAN network adapter for both and clicking on connect to connect them. Neither can contact the other, nor even ping themselves let alone the other laptop.

EDIT: The only connection between them will be over SSH (Git work and SSH terminal work).
bogatyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2
systole
macrumors member

Synergy over PAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogatyr View Post
How can I connect two MacBooks over Bluetooth? I don't need internet - they both have internet connections, they just need to share data between themselves and they aren't on the same network.

I tried adding a Bluetooth connection, manually setting IPs in the PAN network adapter for both and clicking on connect to connect them. Neither can contact the other, nor even ping themselves let alone the other laptop.
Tried this as well, with no success. Trying use synergy (synergy-foss.org) over PAN. BUMP
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:35 PM   #3
vistadude
macrumors 65816

Teamviewer or iDisk might be the easiest way, not sure if iDisk is still supported in snow leopard.
vistadude is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion