Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
How can I connect two MacBooks over Bluetooth? I don't need internet - they both have internet connections, they just need to share data between themselves and they aren't on the same network.

I tried adding a Bluetooth connection, manually setting IPs in the PAN network adapter for both and clicking on connect to connect them. Neither can contact the other, nor even ping themselves let alone the other laptop.

EDIT: The only connection between them will be over SSH (Git work and SSH terminal work).

systole

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2011
Minnesnowta
Synergy over PAN

How can I connect two MacBooks over Bluetooth? I don't need internet - they both have internet connections, they just need to share data between themselves and they aren't on the same network.

I tried adding a Bluetooth connection, manually setting IPs in the PAN network adapter for both and clicking on connect to connect them. Neither can contact the other, nor even ping themselves let alone the other laptop.

Tried this as well, with no success. Trying use synergy (synergy-foss.org) over PAN. BUMP;)

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2010
Teamviewer or iDisk might be the easiest way, not sure if iDisk is still supported in snow leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.