Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1
monkeycid
macrumors member

RuneScape - The Game to End WoW

It did it for me. I actually forgot about this game until recently and started fresh on it again. Everything has completely changed since when I first started playing and now there's an action bar for skills rather than the old point-and-click attacks. Although RuneScape came out before WoW and is its own game, it seems to me that it is slowly becoming a WoW game for the browser (and free, too!)

A have a couple of nitpicks to point out, though. Firstly, whenever I start the game, refresh or restart Safari, there is a check for updates which seems to always take unto 10 minutes or more to complete. Then it fetches those updates for another 5 minutes and this happens every time I tried playing the game on my PC (before I sold it today) and it started almost instantaneously which is a bitter disappointed since my PC is 4 years old.

Apart from that, RuneScape is a great game! Lots of things to do and fun mini-games o take part in.

Who else plays?
monkeycid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:31 AM   #2
ConCat
Banned

It has evolved quite a bit. It'll always be hampered when it comes to graphics due to it relying on Java, but they've done well, all things considered.
ConCat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:12 PM   #3
Washac
macrumors 68000

I have played Runescape since 2005 and am just about to quit as it is now absolutely full of Player bots, gold farmer bots, scammers and gamblers. The bots in lots of areas now make it impossible for legit players to do anything.

Jagex with all their updates with no forethought for the games economy have pretty much ruined it.

Sine the US investment company became involved in Jagex it is all about making coin with no regard for legit players.

The companies attitude towards its paying players is atrocious.

Avoid this game.

Last edited by Washac; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Washac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:40 PM   #4
El Awesome
macrumors 6502

I used to play it a few years ago, but I saw that the game takes up lots of my spare time, so I decided to leave it. Was pretty fun though.

I'm now a FPS gamer...

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games