Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monkeycid

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
:p

It did it for me. I actually forgot about this game until recently and started fresh on it again. Everything has completely changed since when I first started playing and now there's an action bar for skills rather than the old point-and-click attacks. Although RuneScape came out before WoW and is its own game, it seems to me that it is slowly becoming a WoW game for the browser (and free, too!)

A have a couple of nitpicks to point out, though. Firstly, whenever I start the game, refresh or restart Safari, there is a check for updates which seems to always take unto 10 minutes or more to complete. Then it fetches those updates for another 5 minutes and this happens every time I tried playing the game on my PC (before I sold it today) and it started almost instantaneously which is a bitter disappointed since my PC is 4 years old.

Apart from that, RuneScape is a great game! Lots of things to do and fun mini-games o take part in.

Who else plays? :)

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
I have played Runescape since 2005 and am just about to quit as it is now absolutely full of Player bots, gold farmer bots, scammers and gamblers. The bots in lots of areas now make it impossible for legit players to do anything.

Jagex with all their updates with no forethought for the games economy have pretty much ruined it.

Sine the US investment company became involved in Jagex it is all about making coin with no regard for legit players.

The companies attitude towards its paying players is atrocious.

Avoid this game.

Last edited:

El Awesome

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Zurich
I used to play it a few years ago, but I saw that the game takes up lots of my spare time, so I decided to leave it. Was pretty fun though.

I'm now a FPS gamer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.