Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igorcv88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
Brazil
Hi, I have a iPad 4 and I think there is something wrong with it's screen. Sometimes, When I go from one page to another (in the home screen), in the gaps between apps, I can see a shade of my apps, it's not easy to see, but it is there. Its like the image got stuck in the screen of the iPad. I tested it, I took a screenshot of the background and it is not there (I move the picture (in the Photos app) but the icon "shades" are like stuck in the screen, not just in the wallpaper.

I will upload a photo as soon as it happens again. This thing, normally stays in the screen for a minute, than it disappears.

Last edited:

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It's image retention and normal to a degree

it's normal to a degree but a minute if it is really that long, seems a tad off. Might be a glitch in the image refresh software.

Best advice is to sync up data or even an iCloud restore (itunes has a bad habit of copying and restoring glitch software so that backup is ill advised) and doing a restore. a DFU restore in particular so it will verify the firmware is properly installed.

After doing that, wait a minimum of 72 hours for the diagnostics to gather some repeat data and if it is still happening try to get a screen shot or two, back up the ipad again and do the whole Genius Bar appointment/call to Apple Care route

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.