Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
I got an iPhone on Christmas in black. About two day after Christmas, I exchanged it for a white iphone. I'm kind of having second doubts and I feel terrible about exchanging the phone... The phone is in perfect condition...

My question is, if I go back to the Apple store today, will I get laughed at if I ask them to re exchange my phone again?

Additionally, how many days do I have before I am no longer able to return my phone for a different color?

Any insight would help, I think it was 14 days to return a phone for good, and 30 days to exchange it for color or any other reason,

Thanks, guys.

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Only 6 times.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... But do you know if I would be able to still exchange the phone for a different color if:

- I bought the first phone on Dec 26
- I exchanged the phone on Dec 28
- the phone is in perfect condition

SunnyRenegade33

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
This is utterly ridiculous:

If you're THAT indecisive, just don't get an iphone. Don't get any phone for that matter.

After all, it is JUST a phone.

I'm well aware of the fact that I'm indecisive. I even stated that I feel terrible. But rather than ranting and disregarding my question, why not just refrain from answering.

I need an objective answer, not your opinion or assessment of my decisiveness, or lack thereof...

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
6 times !

you're serious ?

that's great customer satisfaction, but terrible for company's costs

don't they have shareholders ?

TIA

yep.

apple's biggest mistake in recent times has been to give people an option.

everyone was happy when only black existed, now its just too much for them.

and to think the next phone is rumored to come in 7 colours or so... macrumors will have to create an entirely new section on the website just for these people.

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Good: here's an objective answer --

You shouldn't feel terrible, you should feel . . . oh, never mind.

You're one of the reasons iphones cost so damn much. And why my Apple stock is in the toilet. Thanks.

Good job.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I got an iPhone on Christmas in black. About two day after Christmas, I exchanged it for a white iphone. I'm kind of having second doubts and I feel terrible about exchanging the phone... The phone is in perfect condition...

My question is, if I go back to the Apple store today, will I get laughed at if I ask them to re exchange my phone again?

Additionally, how many days do I have before I am no longer able to return my phone for a different color?

Any insight would help, I think it was 14 days to return a phone for good, and 30 days to exchange it for color or any other reason,

Thanks, guys.

30 days, that's it. There is no set amount of times, but 30 days is the set time period. After that, you can't exchance it. Even if something is wrong with it and they need to replace it, they will only replace it with the same color.

If your 30 days is coming to an end, I'd get in there ASAP because after that you're out of luck.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Good: here's an objective answer --

You shouldn't feel terrible, you should feel . . . oh, never mind.

You're one of the reasons iphones cost so damn much. And why my Apple stock is in the toilet. Thanks.

Good job.

No he is not. OP why not pick up the phone and ask. Regardless of what anyone tells you here you are still going to call them. What happens in February when you want another color again?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Thanks for making it more difficult for people with legitimate problems to get assistance, we appreciate it.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
Why don't you just not post in the thread? If you don't know, or don't care to answer, don't ****ing post. People ask questions on forums to get answers, not to be personally attacked.

You guys are acting like douche bags.
No we are sick of people coming and asking questions which can be solved with a call to apple customer service. Also don't you fail to see the ridiculousness of exchanging twice just for a different colour?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... But do you know if I would be able to still exchange the phone for a different color if:

- I bought the first phone on Dec 26
- I exchanged the phone on Dec 28
- the phone is in perfect condition

I was just joking:D But if you go in and find a good rep he'll most likely switch it for you. Just tell him you wont change your mind ever again and hope they take care of you.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010

Thanks, guys.

No you can't, after 30 days. You have 30 days to "return the phone" for any reason. After that, if you have a problem they will only give you the color you currently have. I just went in after having my phone 4 months, and was offered a new phone since mine had an issue. I asked for a different color, and they will only give you the same color you current have, and same part #. This was told to be by the manager of the apple store.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
I love all the armchair Apple CEOs in this topic who are (seemingly) so frustrated by some stranger returning his cell phone twice.

evilrt

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
New Jersey USA
ok so you wanted to exchange for a white and now changed your mind in thinking you made a mistake. i don't see the big deal. i don't have an answer. if you get the black back and want white a second time then you got some issues. good luck, kid.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I love all the armchair Apple CEOs in this topic who are (seemingly) so frustrated by some stranger returning his cell phone twice.

Beyond wondering how people like this get dressed in the morning, I really couldn't care less how much you regret the choice of your phone color. That said, people who continually exchange perfectly functional devices just because they don't like the color or people who attempt to fraudulently return their device after water damage, etc, makes it harder for people with legitimate problems to get the same level of service we've come to expect from Apple. Remember Costcos super liberal return policy? Of course you don't, they had to stop because people kept abusing it, just like these people are abusing Apple's return and exchange policies. Enjoy it when the warranty is reduced to 3 months as a result

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.