Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mchenrique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Hello everybody!
I have a MBA with Mountain Lion 10.8.2, and an external hard drive formatted with NTFS file system. I have already tried MacFuse and NTFS 3G but it didn't work.
Is there another way to make the Mountain Lion write in NTFS? I was looking for it on Google but I found no solution!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
To be honest, it came free with some Seagate hard drive I bought a while ago. Never used it for more than that one day, but it worked well. Much faster than NTFS-3G and much safer than Mac OS X's disabled NTFS write drivers.

mchenrique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
And what about free solutions, do you know any other? Or How to do with NTFS 3G works fine?

Thanks!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The only free solution I know of is NTFS-3G. But I don't know if that works with Mountain Lion.

mchenrique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Thanks all of you for the help.

I think first I'll try tuxera, and after the trial period either I buy the license or format to exFat. I give up of NTFS 3G!

Do you know if exFat is compatible with Linux too?

Thanks!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I'm sure there's support for exFat in Linux or it can at least be added without much problem. Depending on the distro you use, it might already be in there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.