Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arashb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2009
So I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

On the front is red tail light spray and on the back is just black paint with a primer and sanded down all nice to a brushed aluminum under that.

Just submitted for a recall, and now I wait for a box. What do you guys think will happen when they open it and see this? It's still a danger with the battery, just looks a little defaced :p.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
So I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

On the front is red tail light spray and on the back is just black paint with a primer and sanded down all nice to a brushed aluminum under that.

Just submitted for a recall, and now I wait for a box. What do you guys think will happen when they open it and see this? It's still a danger with the battery, just looks a little defaced :p.

They won't care. The outer casing is of no use to them anyway even if they do refurb it. As long as it works that is - they'll have to verify the serial number somehow and you painted over it :p

arashb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2009
They won't care. The outer casing is of no use to them anyway even if they do refurb it. As long as it works that is - they'll have to verify the serial number somehow and you painted over it :p

I scratched through the paint to get to the serial number, but then I remembered that I sanded the back down. Full of win. But they can get to the serial number through itunes like I had to. x]

Honestly I don't really care about it, I already have a 6th gen nano. After this I'm assuming I'll have two :p.

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
You'll be lucky to get a replacement, from experience they don't generally look at the serial number on iTunes, but take it from the back of the iPod. Let us know how you get on!

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

arashb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2009
You'll be lucky to get a replacement, from experience they don't generally look at the serial number on iTunes, but take it from the back of the iPod. Let us know how you get on!

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

Yeah if it was up to me I wouldn't give a replacement either. But then if my battery explodes or something they'll be in more trouble because it's still made by Apple. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

arashb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Wow, just got an email today.

Serial Number of Original Product: YM543XXXXXX

Serial Number of Replacement Product: DCYK435XXXXX

Looks like I get a new nano :D.

arashb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Just got it today, fast shipping since they shipped from Reno to Sacramento :D. Would post pictures but my gf stole it from me since I already have a 6th gen :p. My roommates bitter though since I originally bought that nano from him back in high school for $20 :D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.