Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:42 AM   #1
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Macbook Pro to Arrive Today

And I am brand new to Macs and very nervous. It is a refurbished macbook pro 13" standard specs June 2012. It will come with Lion. Since I am so afraid I will screw this up with ths first time use, I would like to chek the order of the steps I plan:

Go thru setup and establish network connection
Get redemption code for upgrade
Get from Mac App Store and hit install

My question is - should I check in the Apple Menu to see if there are any updates (software?) there before I start the Mountain Liin upgrade, should I check there after a successful (praying there) install or will the ML upgrade take care of all necessary ugrades, all in one so to speak.

Thank you for any help you can give this non tech newbie. I do plan on getting some type of device very soon for backup.
IPadNParadise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:51 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
And I am brand new to Macs and very nervous. It is a refurbished macbook pro 13" standard specs June 2012. It will come with Lion. Since I am so afraid I will screw this up with ths first time use, I would like to chek the order of the steps I plan:

Go thru setup and establish network connection
Get redemption code for upgrade
Get from Mac App Store and hit install

My question is - should I check in the Apple Menu to see if there are any updates (software?) there before I start the Mountain Liin upgrade, should I check there after a successful (praying there) install or will the ML upgrade take care of all necessary ugrades, all in one so to speak.

Thank you for any help you can give this non tech newbie. I do plan on getting some type of device very soon for backup.
If you bought it from Apple, then it'll likely have Mountain Lion on it when it arrives. I say this because I bought a Refurb 13" MBP from them recently and it came with ML. There were some updates waiting when I first fired it up but I didn't have to go through the whole OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date Program business.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:52 AM   #3
IPadNParadise
macrumors regular

Oh, that would be wonderful! Ones less stressful thing for this newbie. I was just going by what it said on the online product description of the one I ordered. Tracking this morning shows out for delivery! I am so excited. Thank you.
IPadNParadise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:59 AM   #4
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPadNParadise View Post
Oh, that would be wonderful! Ones less stressful thing for this newbie. I was just going by what it said on the online product description of the one I ordered. Tracking this morning shows out for delivery! I am so excited. Thank you.
You're welcome! "Excited" sounds about right to me! Enjoy!
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:52 AM   #5
designs216
macrumors 65816

It will likely arrive with Mt. Lion pre-installed and you may get other surprises as well. Mine was listed as having a 5400RPM drive and it was actually 7200RPM. Enjoy your Mac.
designs216 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help