Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:38 AM   #1
djransom
macrumors 68040

Has This Happened To Anyone Else W/ An iPhone on AT&T Service?

I recently purchased an iPhone 5 from a seller on Craigslist. Luckily I had an old sim around house and I was able to call AT&T Wednesday night to get it activated. Fast forward to today, my visual voicemail is not working at all. I contact AT&T support for assistance and I'm told based on the IMEI that my i5 is coming up in their system as an unknown GSM phone and I can't use visual voicemail. The rep told me she would submit a request to have it added to their system and that it can take up to 2 weeks. This has never happened with any iPhone I've used and it just seems odd. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:05 AM   #2
AppleFanatic10
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to AppleFanatic10 Send a message via Skype™ to AppleFanatic10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djransom View Post
I recently purchased an iPhone 5 from a seller on Craigslist. Luckily I had an old sim around house and I was able to call AT&T Wednesday night to get it activated. Fast forward to today, my visual voicemail is not working at all. I contact AT&T support for assistance and I'm told based on the IMEI that my i5 is coming up in their system as an unknown GSM phone and I can't use visual voicemail. The rep told me she would submit a request to have it added to their system and that it can take up to 2 weeks. This has never happened with any iPhone I've used and it just seems odd. Has this happened to anyone else?
Do you have a unlocked iPhone 5? That's probably why. I'm not sure since I've never had AT&T nor an unlocked phone by another carrier.
RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012
AppleFanatic10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:41 AM   #3
djransom
macrumors 68040

Yeah I actually found out that I had a VZ phone which is why I had the issue. I sold that phone and purchased an AT&T i5.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone