Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:17 AM   #1
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

COD2 & 4, Duke Nuken Forever, Doom 3, Quake 4, and Rage - $38/25/ 30

http://www.getloadedgo.com/

Deal is only good for the next 3 days.

Seems like a decent deal if you don't own any of the games. The sale is being put on by http://www.getgamesgo.com/. I don't need them so I'm not buying them so I can't tell if they activate on Steam or not.

You can also get a few of the games at a discount if you don't get the whole pack.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Towelie1288
macrumors regular

interesting deal but i dont think it works with steam
so i am going to skip this
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:36 AM   #3
AndiS.
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie1288 View Post
interesting deal but i dont think it works with steam
so i am going to skip this
When you hover over the games' pictures, only Duke Nukem shows that it works with Steam.

Sounds like a good deal still, maybe I'll pick up Quake and Doom, thanks for the post OP!
AndiS. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:41 AM   #4
Towelie1288
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiS. View Post
When you hover over the games' pictures, only Duke Nukem shows that it works with Steam.

Sounds like a good deal still, maybe I'll pick up Quake and Doom, thanks for the post OP!
yea thanks i noticed
thanks either way for the post OP
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:41 AM   #5
AndiS.
macrumors regular

Too bad I had forgotten that I already played Quake 4...

Does anybody know if I can resell the game key on eBay, it's not tied to a Steam account?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:29 PM   #6
koolmagicguy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Too bad I had forgotten that I already played Quake 4...

Does anybody know if I can resell the game key on eBay, it's not tied to a Steam account?
I'm sure you could give it to someone who really wants it, like a gamer friend or something like that. I don't know if you could sell it on eBay.
koolmagicguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:00 PM   #7
AndiS.
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmagicguy View Post
I'm sure you could give it to someone who really wants it, like a gamer friend or something like that. I don't know if you could sell it on eBay.
Yeah, that's probably the best option. Duke Nukem Forever is a lot better than expected, even though I find the performance difference between Mac OSX and Windows baffling. Under OSX the game ran very choppy, and in Windows it plays 1440p on Ultra with FSAA and even V-Synch on, perfectly smooth. It's an older game, so it should run that way in Windows, but I wouldn't have imagined the performance penalty to be so high in OSX. So far Diablo 3 is the only game I've found enjoyable under OSX.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:20 AM   #8
koolmagicguy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably the best option. Duke Nukem Forever is a lot better than expected, even though I find the performance difference between Mac OSX and Windows baffling. Under OSX the game ran very choppy, and in Windows it plays 1440p on Ultra with FSAA and even V-Synch on, perfectly smooth. It's an older game, so it should run that way in Windows, but I wouldn't have imagined the performance penalty to be so high in OSX. So far Diablo 3 is the only game I've found enjoyable under OSX.
MW3 runs flawlessly on my Windows partition but Black Ops barely runs on my Mac. Windows drivers are a ton better.
koolmagicguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games