Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:19 PM   #1
thedon1
macrumors 6502

Getting your app to show up in Google results

H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks
thedon1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedon1 View Post
H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks
It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:17 PM   #3
thedon1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.
Thanks for the information.

Do facebook and forum posts help to contribute too?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:35 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedon1 View Post
Thanks for the information.

Do facebook and forum posts help to contribute too?
I don't know about Facebook, but if a message board doesn't have any "Nofollow" attributes when you link stuff, then yeah it would.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng