Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:20 PM   #101
nfl46
macrumors 601

These S upgrades are beyond annoying now! It will take a decrease in sales for them to stop them! I'm not asking for a redesign every year, but dang! Where's the innovation?!
nfl46 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:23 PM   #102
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
These S upgrades are beyond annoying now! It will take a decrease in sales for them to stop them! I'm not asking for a redesign every year, but dang! Where's the innovation?!
You say about a phone that is only a rumor at this point.
Zerilos is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:23 PM   #103
Razeus
macrumors 68040

iPhone hardware has matured. Hard to get excited about it now a days. Tell me more about iOS7, THEN we'll see. Talk to me about setting my own default apps for instance.

Website, Pictures & Tweets
Razeus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:24 PM   #104
blastair
macrumors member

Quote:
What innovation are you expecting? Has Apple done anything to their devices that came completely from left field?
blastair is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:25 PM   #105
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 65816

Buying guide for new Iphone

If you own the following phones:

Iphone 5- Not worth upgrading
Iphone 4- Not worth upgrading
Iphone 4S-Not worth upgrading
Iphone 3GS-Move to Iphone 5 for $49

or.....for all of the above and 7/10 Chinese customers, BUY A SAMSUNG S4

Note: I have an Iphone5, Ipad4, rMBP, new Imac 21, a mini and my wife has a 4s. I am not a troll, but supremely disappointed in the direction Apple is going. Why do you think the stock is in the tank? They need a reality check in Cupertino.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:25 PM   #106
starflyer
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to starflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
Boring OS = yawn. Look at Ubuntu, or even the new BB OS. They are so much more advanced...

iOS is too plain and boring.. heck my MOM uses it now.
So it is more advanced because it doesn't look boring? Or where you being sarcastic?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:31 PM   #107
RoboCop001
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyer View Post
So it is more advanced because it doesn't look boring? Or where you being sarcastic?
No, no, you've got it all wrong. He's saying it's less advanced because his mum uses it.
RoboCop001 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:32 PM   #108
GoldenJoe
macrumors regular

I'll buy a retina mini on launch. It is the ideal development device. The 5S camera upgrade could be interesting if it uses something similar to Nokia's new technology.

Not sure what everybody expects for iOS7, though. What would make it innovative to you? Widgets? A notification bar that slides in from a different direction? It's tiring to see people constantly whining about change for the sake of change. I could see minor adjustments that would make it more convenient to use (replace volume slider with brightness in multitasking menu, allow for animated app icons, etc), but don't think for a second that they're going to throw everything out the window. iOS is the most functional smartphone OS out there, and part of the reason for that is that it keeps everything simple.
GoldenJoe is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:33 PM   #109
Popeye206
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastair View Post
What innovation are you expecting? Has Apple done anything to their devices that came completely from left field?
Yeah... introduced the iPhone 1.0 which changed it all... the intro of the retina screen and Apps was pretty cool too and unexpected at the time.

I don't know what people expect anymore? Should Apple add a cappuccino maker to the iPhone?
Popeye206 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:34 PM   #110
j4zb4
Banned

Just a first random rumor and people are sure it's the final iteration... how stupid can you people be...?
j4zb4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:34 PM   #111
Lancer
macrumors 68000

After I get my new iMac my next upgrade will be my iPhone, I can wait for the 5s now

Later I might get the new Mini iPad.
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:35 PM   #112
Radio
In Time-Out

Anyone excited for the iPhone 5s?
Radio is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:36 PM   #113
starflyer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley_chad View Post
Let me get this right; if rumours are to be believed, Samsung will launch the galaxy 4S around march/April with a glorious 5" screen, improved camera, wireless charging, further advanced OS, NFC, eight core processor and no doubt as thin as **** with a host of other goodies. Apples response ... Upgrade the camera!
Hey, that sounds like the phone for you.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:37 PM   #114
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post

Note: I have an Iphone5, Ipad4, rMBP, new Imac 21, a mini and my wife has a 4s. I am not a troll, but supremely disappointed in the direction Apple is going. Why do you think the stock is in the tank? They need a reality check in Cupertino.
So the the Apple phone that right now is just a handful of rumors isn't as good as the Samsung rumor phone?
Zerilos is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:38 PM   #115
pika2000
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Have you seen how Apple packed in the inside of the iPhone 5? If Apple can put in an A7 with even more powerful processing power and GPU, all the new wifi chip and various LTE bands, while still maintaining same battery life, I call that innovation. There are many innovations being done in miniaturization, silicon, etc. I mean is innovation mean a new form factor?

Most people get their iPhone with 2 year carrier contract. This is why Apple does these S versions, to target those with the previous S versions that are nearing the end of their contracts.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:40 PM   #116
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Samsung is all over NFC and its gaining momentum.
No is not

Ask anyone in the street if they know what NFC is
Che Castro is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:41 PM   #117
Prof.
macrumors 601

And this is why Apple's stock is crashing hardcore.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:42 PM   #118
Tomacorno
macrumors regular

Quote:

I don't really understand the logic here. If my iPhone 4 is two years old, and has therefore had two years of wear and tear, why wouldn't I upgrade to a 5S when my contract was up? I mean, in what sense would it not be worth it - LTE, better camera, Siri, Panorama feature, faster processor, lighter weight, slightly bigger screen,etc... that is what the non rumor version has that my iPhone4 does not. Plus, two years of apps and ways of doing things that I am used to. Why in the world would a rational person think, I must go Samsung the iPhone isn't NEWWWWW enough! A first time buyer probably has to do some research but not NEWWWW enough should not be a big deal if you don't already own a smartphone that you either like or dislike. Yeesh.

Last edited by Tomacorno; Jan 25, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Grammar
Tomacorno is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:44 PM   #119
dampfnudel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
I am beginning to think the S versions are the skip versions now.
A lot of people feel the same way with the current iPhone 5. Apple needs to offer something better than a 13mp camera, A7 or even a new 128MB capacity. Something better than Siri, which was the new, big feature when the 4S was released. Apple stock is counting on it.
dampfnudel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:46 PM   #120
Liquorpuki
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika2000 View Post
Have you seen how Apple packed in the inside of the iPhone 5? If Apple can put in an A7 with even more powerful processing power and GPU, all the new wifi chip and various LTE bands, while still maintaining same battery life, I call that innovation. There are many innovations being done in miniaturization, silicon, etc. I mean is innovation mean a new form factor?

Most people get their iPhone with 2 year carrier contract. This is why Apple does these S versions, to target those with the previous S versions that are nearing the end of their contracts.
It's innovation, but there's nothing disruptive about it. I think when most people talk about innovation, they really mean market disruption
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:46 PM   #121
Darkhrse99
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Anyone excited for the iPhone 5s?
I am, just for the fact that I'm bored with my 4S. With not being able to jailbreak the phone, since I'm on 6.0.1. It's pretty boring after you get done playing with Siri.. I'm also am waiting for my upgrade which is in May. The iphone 5 isnt worth full retail imo. I do hope that Mophie comes out with an external battery at the same time, or I hope the 5S has a better battery life.
Darkhrse99 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:46 PM   #122
starflyer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Why do you think the stock is in the tank?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. View Post
And this is why Apple's stock is crashing hardcore.
Apple is the 2nd largest company in the world and their stock price is up over 150% from 3 years ago and the stock is "in the tank" and "crashing hardcore".
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:49 PM   #123
MushroomTip24
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerilos View Post
You're looking for an iOS upgrade.
Yes mosdef
MushroomTip24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:49 PM   #124
Zerilos
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampfnudel View Post
A lot of people feel the same way with the current iPhone 5. Apple needs to offer something better than a 13mp camera, A7 or even a new 128MB capacity. Something better than Siri, which was the new, big feature when the 4S was released. Apple stock is counting on it.
What Apple needs to do is make improvements to the OS and ofter a larger screen.
Zerilos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:51 PM   #125
starflyer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerilos View Post
What Apple needs to do is make improvements to the OS and ofter a larger screen.
How much larger?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion