Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
VarticusAndreas
macrumors newbie

Please Help I erased by accident the ”Macintosh HD”

I erased by accident the ”Macintosh HD” partition on my mid 2009 macbook, along with the OS, because i was trying to erase all my data. Now when i open my laptop it goes into the recovery menu. I can t install the software again because there s no available hard drive. All advice is helpful for me right now.
VarticusAndreas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Did you try do do a clean install and formatting the HDD appropriately in Disk Utility while booted into the installer?
To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
Perform a Clean Install of OS X Lion on Your Mac
How to format a new HDD to install Mac OS X onto (or make a bootable copy onto)
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help