Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1
tivoboy
macrumors 68000

can't end call iphone 5 ?

So, lately we've been having a problem. using an iphone 5, 6.0.1, phone works well, but lately when I think the person has been on a call for a while, the screen won't allow one to END the call? Screen comes up, the button is there but nothing works.

I end up just waiting for the other party to end the call, but that really isn't a good solution.

thoughts?
tivoboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:41 PM   #2
tboyd37
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to tboyd37 Send a message via Yahoo to tboyd37
a couple suggestions to try..

you can end the call with the power button if needed(just do a quick double tap).. but probably software related.. idk if updating to 6.0.2 would actually solve that specific issue but i'd advise it & restore the phone if needed. if it still doesn't work after that.. id probably be looking to possibly making an appointment with a genius if an apple store isn't to far..

hope this helps you
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:48 PM   #3
Ajones330
macrumors 6502a

Sounds software related, I would update the software and see if that helps. Also try rebooting first by holding the lock and home button down at the same time until the phone goes off then comes back on...

13" MBP l 13" MB l iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB l
Ajones330 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:50 PM   #4
aphexacid
macrumors 6502a

That's happened to me a few times on various iphone models. I don't know what causes it but its very annoying.

If it happens often, I'd do a clean restore. Then go from there
aphexacid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:32 PM   #5
aPple nErd
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
That's happened to me a few times on various iphone models. I don't know what causes it but its very annoying.

If it happens often, I'd do a clean restore. Then go from there
Had this with my iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 wayyyy back. Took it to apple store, and they gave me a new one.
Old May 23, 2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Weekend354
macrumors newbie

Same issue

I have been having the same problem with my phone. The end button will not end the call, and sometimes the key pad will not work during a call for automated systems. I went to the Apple store today and they reset the phone and reinstalled the software. It worked for about 2 min, then I had the same issue. The issue started after an iOS update???
Weekend354 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 05:14 PM   #7
mizzouxc
Banned

Are you using a case? If so, have you tried removing it from said case and determining function? I had a lifeproof case that gave me issues. Contacted lifefproof, they replaced my case with one that works.
mizzouxc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone