Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Selfdestrukt
macrumors member

iPad mini crashes/turns off when charging overnight

Anyone else notice this. Had to stop relying on my mini as my alarm clock cuz my mini shuts itself down or crashes in the middle of the night when charging. It's always full when I turn it back on but always requires me to hold down home button and sleep button until it reboots.

Anyone else notice this? Was thinking it was a safety function to help prevent over charging but highly That.

My thoughts are something is wrong and may need to warranty it but would like to figure out how to reproduce it in front of Genius Bar.
Selfdestrukt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

That is not normal. I would contact Apple or make an appointment.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:34 AM   #3
BHP41
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfdestrukt View Post
Anyone else notice this. Had to stop relying on my mini as my alarm clock cuz my mini shuts itself down or crashes in the middle of the night when charging. It's always full when I turn it back on but always requires me to hold down home button and sleep button until it reboots.

Anyone else notice this? Was thinking it was a safety function to help prevent over charging but highly That.

My thoughts are something is wrong and may need to warranty it but would like to figure out how to reproduce it in front of Genius Bar.
Something isn't right if its doing it in a regular basis. What I would do is a restore and set up as new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
That is not normal. I would contact Apple or make an appointment.
Restore first. That's the first thing they're going to do or tell him to do at Apple. Why waste the time until you've done that already. And always set up as new to see if that fixes the issue. Then you can load your backup.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:42 AM   #4
rkeyte
macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem, will try the reload option first
rkeyte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:46 AM   #5
blueroom
macrumors 603

Try a DFU restore before you make a genius appointment. Also are you using an apple or 3rd party charger, are you jailbroken?
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad