Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surjavarman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
is google maps on ios6 just as good as on android?

I am deciding between the nexus4 and the iphone5 and I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I am now trying to list all the pro's and con's

Tunnelrunner

macrumors regular
May 9, 2009
I could write for an hour on this one. The Android version is more robust and has more features but the iOS version has a cleaner, more reimagined look. The iOS version - which is only 2.5 months old - has driving, walking, and public transit directions but is missing bicycle nav. Overall, they both get the job done, both have street view, satellite, etc. IMHO, the iOS version is overall, just as capable and functional as the Android version, but it lacks some extra features - which will likely come in future updates.

Also, IMO - the deciding factor between an N4 and the i5 will come down to other features of the respective phones since Google Maps is fairly equal (give or take a few features) between the 2 platforms.

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
I could write for an hour on this one. The Android version is more robust and has more features but the iOS version has a cleaner, more reimagined look. The iOS version - which is only 2.5 months old - has driving, walking, and public transit directions but is missing bicycle nav. Overall, they both get the job done, both have street view, satellite, etc. IMHO, the iOS version is overall, just as capable and functional as the Android version, but it lacks some extra features - which will likely come in future updates.

Also, IMO - the deciding factor between an N4 and the i5 will come down to other features of the respective phones since Google Maps is fairly equal (give or take a few features) between the 2 platforms.

The iOS version also miss labs functions that the Android version have, like possibility to use offline maps and measure distance between two or more points on the map.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.