Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Arrdenet
macrumors newbie

Is there a way to make emails from different mailboxes display in colors?

As the title said, is there? I have three email addresses which I frequently use, and I think it would just be the bee's knees if I could set up my mail so that all the emails I receive from work are blue, all my personal emails are red, and all other emails are yellow. That way when I look at the "sort by date" column I can visually differentiate between the three sources without having to actually click into separate mail inboxes.

I know it's possible for the program to display suspected spam with a different colored text. Is there any way for users to edit how the messages show up?

PS, just got my mac this past Tuesday. I love it. Been a PC guy since Windows 95, and wow, is it ever amazing to use a computer that doesn't break every five minutes.
Arrdenet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrdenet View Post
As the title said, is there? I have three email addresses which I frequently use, and I think it would just be the bee's knees if I could set up my mail so that all the emails I receive from work are blue, all my personal emails are red, and all other emails are yellow. That way when I look at the "sort by date" column I can visually differentiate between the three sources without having to actually click into separate mail inboxes.

I know it's possible for the program to display suspected spam with a different colored text. Is there any way for users to edit how the messages show up?

PS, just got my mac this past Tuesday. I love it. Been a PC guy since Windows 95, and wow, is it ever amazing to use a computer that doesn't break every five minutes.
Yes, it's actually very simple.

Open Mail then navigate to Preferences --> Rules.

Now you have to Add a Rule, and then fill in the necessary information for the senders, and then under the actions, select "set color of text" then choose whichever color you want. Done.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:50 PM   #3
Spink10
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCroissant View Post
Yes, it's actually very simple.

Open Mail then navigate to Preferences --> Rules.

Now you have to Add a Rule, and then fill in the necessary information for the senders, and then under the actions, select "set color of text" then choose whichever color you want. Done.
Thanks - just used this helpful information.
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:53 PM   #4
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spink10 View Post
Thanks - just used this helpful information.
You are most welcome. I set it up that way originally, but then it felt like the emails were standing out too much and ended up reverting to the default settings. Just be aware though that if you change the text color of messages, you need to change the rule before deleting the rule, or you'll have to redo it.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:00 PM   #5
Spink10
macrumors 68020

Thanks - its cool right now. May be different next week.
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help